Vung Tau city is only about 100km from Ho Chi Minh city to the Southeast, so travelling here is quite easy with all kinds of vehicles such as train, motorbike or passenger bus.
I - Overview about Vung Tau Vietnam
1 - Weather information
This city has a tropical monsoon climate with two distinct seasons: rainy and dry seasons. The rainy season usually lasts from May to October and the dry season from November to April next year. The temperature here is neither too hot nor too cold, ranging from 24.8oC to 28.6oC so tourists can come here at any time of the year. However, the best time to come here is in the dry season from November to April next year because the weather is more favorable with the beach fun activities.
Source: Aine Nguyen
2 - Culture and people in Vung Tau Vietnam
This is a land full of cultural characteristics and unique identity, especially marine culture. Some festivals here are large-scale and attract the attention of people and tourists such as Nghinh Ong festival (August 16th, 17th, 18th of lunar calendar), Duc Thanh Tran's anniversary (day August 20th lunar month), Ba Ngu Hanh Temple festival (October 16th, 17th, 18th lunar month) ...
Most of the local people live by fishing, so they are diligent, simple and honest. Because of that personality, the people here make tourists feel close and dear even when they first come. If you have the opportunity to come here, try once to go to the sea in the early morning to chat or help fishermen to better understand and appreciate the good qualities of the people here.
II - Top Vung Tau attractions
1 - Con Dao
A corner Con Dao Island (Source: Saigontimestravel)
Con Dao or Con Island is famous for Con Dao prison - "hell" on earth shocking the world by the brutal torture and mistreatment acts against about 20,000 Vietnamese patriots for over 100 years. This place was built with many solitary confinement areas, tiger cages, cow stables, ...Con Dao prison is a historical relic associated with the traumatic past of the Vietnamese people during the war against the French and the Americans. It has been more than 40 years since the truth about this prison was exposed to the light, but when mentioning "Prison of Con Dao", many people still feel shiver and fear. There are two verses that clearly describe this.
“Con Lon comes easily return hardly
The old leave bodies, the young return bones"
Nowadays, Vietnemese government takes advantage of the richness of nature here to build a new life, develop tourism,... step by step proceed to build a new, more beautiful and rich Con Dao. This is also the archipelago that owns many beautiful beaches that tourists should once learn and visit.
2 - Beaches in Vung Tau City Vietnam
This city is famous for its countless beautiful beaches and it is very flawed if you come here without immersing in the clear blue water, under the golden sunlight so all fatigue will fade away.
Front Beach: Front Beach owns a long and beautiful beach, clear blue water, so many people and tourists play and swim in the sea. The special thing is that at every sunset, many people gather here to admire the scenery and go for a walk along the coast, enjoying delicious seafood dishes.
Back Beach (Source: Internet)
Back Beach: The beach stretches for nearly 10 km, it has smooth white sand, the water temperature is stable and the waves are very safe. Bai Sau has a semicircular beach with a modern coastal park, lots of green trees and a solid shoreline.
Vong Nguyet Beach: Vong Nguyet beach is romantic, with a pristine beach and clear sea water at the bottom. However, to reach Vong Nguyet beach, tourists will have to go through a steep and dangerous trail.
There are also other beautiful beaches such as Dau beach, Ho Tram beach, Suoi O beach ... are places where you can have fun and enjoy the sea.
3 - Vung Tau lighthouse
The lighthouse, located on top of Small mountain, in Ward 2, city center, is a bright spot for ships and a symbol of this city. This lighthouse, built in 1862, is now one of the oldest lighthouses in Vietnam. To get here, you have to go through a tunnel and climb 55 spiral steps 170 meters above sea level. You should go in the evening to enjoy the colorful shimmering space.
Opening hours: 7:00 - 22:00
4 - Sacred places to visit
Quan The Am Bodhisattva Pagoda
This Pagoda is located on the roundabout of Big Nui Lon, about 500m from Dau Beach. This pagoda has a statue of Avalokiteshvara Bodhisattva holding a vase of Sweet-mist standing on the Lotus overlooking the East Sea, airy and pure space. From the pagoda looking out, tourists will see the wonderful beauty of Dau Beach.
Vihara of Nirvana
Vihara of Nirvana (Niet Ban Temple) is one of the most beautiful and largest temples in this city, located on the slopes of Little Mount in ward 1. This temple possesses modern architectural lines, with a reclining Buddha statue and Praija boat, facing outwards. sea. Temple space always creates a feeling of peace and tranquility for tourists every time they visit.
5 - Vung Tau Markets
Source: Markus Winkler
Seafood market in the Net Village
- Location: Crossroads of Phan Boi Chau street and Nguyen Cong Tru street, City center
- Opening hours: 15:00 - 16:00
Co Giang Seafood Market: Although this is a small market, the fresh seafood here is no different from other wholesale markets.
- Location: Co Bac Street, Ward 4, City center
- Opening hours: 5:00 - 18:00
Ben Da Market: Tourists should come here in the early morning because the seafood will be very fresh and the price is extremely reasonable because most of them are caught by fishermen directly from the sea.
- Location: Tran Phu Street, Ward 5, City center
- Opening hours: 6:00 - 18:00
- Location: Near Nguyen Bieu and Dao Duy Tu junction (behind the Imperials Hotel)
- Opening hours: 16:00 - 03:30
III - What to do in Vung Tau Vietnam
1 - Watch the dog racing
Dog racing is only available at Lam Son racecourse. This is a new and unique recreational sport including fierce races from dogs with 450m long track. This has attracted the curiosity of tourists coming here
- Ticket price: 50,000 VND / person (~ $2.2)
- Opening hours: Friday and Saturday every week
2 - Shopping
Thanh Them art establishment
- Phone: 0919250919
Imperial Plaza Trade Center
- Address: 159-163 Thuy Van Street, Thang Tam Ward, City center
- Phone: 064 3526 688
3 - Enjoy Vung Tau food
Price: 130,000 - 200,000 VND / pot (~ $5.6 - $8.6).
Khot cake: This cake is made from rice flour with fresh shrimp with an eye-catching yellow color. The local people often eat khot cake with raw vegetables, sliced papaya and sweet and sour sauce creating a characteristic rich flavor.
Price: 40,000 VND / piece (~ $1.7)
Salted egg sponge cake: As one of the oldest and famous cakes, salted egg sponge has a different flavor with the soft, sweet crust combined with the salty taste of salted eggs that everyone who comes here will definitely want to taste. try it once.
Price: 40,000 / box (~ $1.7)
Source: Jerry Shen
Seafood: Fresh seafood caught during the day such as: Deep-fried stingray, eel hot pot, pineapple fish hotpot, grilled shrimp, steamed clams etc. These are popular dishes at restaurants or big markets.
Price: 40,000 VND - 200,000 VND (~ $1.7 - $8.6)
4 - Nightlife in Vung Tau Vietnam
Source: Ins @hookdup.nz
Night squid fishing tour: When sunset falls, it is getting dark, it is also the time to feed squid and is an ideal time for you to fish. You can go on a tour or join people in squid fishing for guidance and avoid the risks of going alone.
- Organizer: Fishing Club
- Phone number: 079 476 8555
Bars & clubs:
Black Pearl Bar: Black Pearl Bar has live music every night, performed by a professional singer with many delicious drinks that are loved by tourists.
- Address: 64 Ha Long, Ward 2, City center
- Opening time: 20:00 - 02:00
- Price: 200,000 - 550,000 VND / person (~ $1.7 - $23.7)
- Phone number: 093 788 22 64
Blue Moon Club: Blue Moon Club has a large, majestic space to relieve all stress and fatigue for guests to play. It has a majestic and eye-catching DJ table, bringing vibrant music for everyone to immerse in the space and have fun.
- Address: 02 Nguyen Du, Ward 1, City center
- Opening time: 20:00 - 23:00
- Price: 500,000 - 1,100,000 VND / person (~ $21.5 - $47.5 )
- Phone number: 090 373 96 36
5 - Vung Tau golf courses
The Bluffs Ho Tram Strip Golf Course
- Price: 3,570,000 VND - 4,250,000 VND / person (~ $154 - $183)
- Phone number: 0254 378 8666
Paradise Golf Course
- Address: No. 01 Thuy Van, Nguyen An Ninh ward, City center
- Price: 1,300,000 VND - 2,000,000 VND / person (~ $56 - $82)
- Phone number: 0254 3853 428
Chi Linh golf course
- Address: B12 in the center of Chi Linh urban area, 3/2 street, Nguyen An Ninh ward, City center
- Price: 500,000 - 1,000,000 VND / person (~ $21.5 - $43)
- Phone number: 0642211825
IV - Where to stay in Vung Tau Vietnam?
1 - Hotel system
2 - Resort system
3 - Homestay
- Phone number: 0396 926 517
- Price: 1,000,000 - 1,700,000 VND / room / night (~ $43 - $73)
- Address: 81 Thuy Van, ward 2, City center
- Phone number: 098 395 62 06
- Price: 300,000 - 450,000 VND / room / night (~ $12.9 - $19.4)
- Address: 20 Quang Trung, Ward 1, City center
- Price: 300,000 VND - 370,000 VND / room / night (~ $13 $ - $16).
V - How to travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau
The distance between the two cities is about 120km. Currently, there are 3 types of vehicles for you depending on the needs and types of tourism: motorbike, bus or high speed boat.
1 - Traveling by motorbike
Option 1: Go along Highway 1 through Vung Tau intersection, turn right to Highway 51. Travel time is about 3.5 hours.
Option 2: Go along Cat Lai Ferry road to Nhon Trach (Dong Nai) to National Highway 51. Travel time is about 3 hours
Source: Tony Pham
Motorcycle rental addresses in Ho Chi Minh:
Thanh Dat motorbike rental
- Address: No.21 Le Van Sy street, Ward 13, Phu Nhuan, Ho Chi Minh City
- Phone number: 090 895 97 23
- Price: 50,000 - 180,000 VND / car / day (~ $2.2 - $7.6)
Thanh Lan motorbike rental
- Address: No.15 Xo Viet Nghe Tinh Street
- Phone number: 091 830 87 72
- Price: 100,000 - 200,000 VND / car / day (~ $4.3 - $8.6)
2 - Traveling by bus
Travel by bus from Saigon to Vung Tau City will take about 2 hours. You can choose from one of the following airlines:
Hoa Mai bus company
- Operating time: 04:00 - 18:30 (15 minutes / trip)
- Ticket price: 90,000 VND / way (~ $3.9)
- Phone number: 0283 914 7661 - 0962 200 200
Thien Phu bus company
- Operating time: 05:00 - 19:00 (15 minutes / trip)
- Ticket price: 85,000 VND / way (~ $3.7)
- Phone number: 0254 362 5 262
Toan Thang bus company
- Operating time: 04:30 - 19:00 (15 minutes / trip)
- Ticket price: 90,000 VND / way (~ $4)
- Phone number: 1900 6968
3 - Traveling by high speed boat
In the form of high-speed boat travel, tourists can depart from Nha Rong port - Ho Chi Minh and dock at Cau Da port - Vung Tau, the average travel time is from 1h30p - 2h. Some high-speed boat lines such as:
Pacific Express high-speed boat
- Operating time: 08:00 - 16:00 (2 hours / trip)
- Ticket price: 200,000 - 250,000 VND / way (~ $8.6 - $10.8)
Greenlines DP high-speed boat
- Operating time: 08:00 - 14:00 (2 hours / trip)
- Ticket price: 280,000 VND / way (~ $12.1)
4 - Traveling by limousine
UK Limousine bus
- Operating time: 03:00 - 19:00 (30 minutes / trip)
- Phone number: 0949.818.819
- Ticket price: 140,000 - 160,000 VND / person / way (~ $6 - $6.9)
Thanh Vinh Limousine bus
- Operating time: 08:00 - 23:00 (1 hour / trip)
- Phone number: 02543 84 85 85
- Ticket price: 140,000 - 160,000 VND / person / way (~ $6 - $6.9)
VI - Vung Tau map
Vung Tau Vietnam is a tourist destination possessing a variety of natural resources, attracting many domestic and foreign tourists. It also includes a variety of travel, entertainment and sports. Let's come here to enjoy the clear blue waters, delicious seafood and many other interesting experiences.