Sapa is the leading attractive destination in Vietnam with diverse natural landscapes, ethnic minority villages scattered in valleys or deep in the same mountain ranges. To experience a unique Sapa rich in identity, visitors should spend at least 2 to 3 days on this land in the journey to discover Vietnam. In particular, staying at a local-style hostel is the ideal choice when visiting this landmark.
I - Overview of the hostels in Sapa
Sapa is one of the most attractive tourist places in the northern mountainous region of Vietnam. This destination has a beautiful natural landscape with many unique sceneries such as rice terraced fields, Fansipan peak, O Quy Ho pass,... and a number of indigenous cultural activities: love market, fair market. These are main pull factors attracting tourists coming here to travel, experience and explore.
1 - Highlights
In Vietnam, the hostels in big cities are mainly located in the city center which are built in a small space with a simple design style, while the hostels here have a completely different look with the combination of wooden interiors and local materials from brocade fabrics. Majority of hostels are located on the hillsides or at the local villages where you can immerse in nature and culture. In particular, some hostels have a hammock area on the veranda which is the best place to relax and enjoy the most peaceful atmosphere.
Source: Van Thy
Staying at the Sapa hostels In is a way to deepen your travel experience to this land.
- Sapa is well-known as the home to many ethnic minorities such as H'mong, Xa Pho, Giay, Dzao, Tay, ... Each ethnic group has its own cultural beauty waiting for visitors to discover. Traveling and staying here for several days is a great opportunity to experience the daily life of indigenous people, to learn more about the local cuisine, costume and culture of each ethnic community.
- Hostels are always the top choice for cheap and convenient accommodation for budget-minded travelers.
- Moreover, hostels have a common living room, social and entertaining area where you can meet and be together with many other tourists for fun activities to connect and make friends.
2 - Traveling tips for staying at the hostels
In order to have a great vacation to this beautiful mountainous land, bear in mind some tips in choosing the best hostel in Sapa as following:
- There are lots of hostels in the town and surrounding local villages, a plan of detailed itinerary and stopping points will determine how the areas and hostels should be chosen. Some great places such as Ta Van village, Giang Ta Chai village and Sapa Town are the best places to find and book hostels.
- Travelers should pay attention to the security system to store personal belongings and luggage safely. This helps to minimize the loss or confusion of unwanted luggages.
Source: Pham Ngoc Trien
- Spending time on researching carefully a bit about the style design of the hostel by reading more about information of service providers and review of other customers are really important in choosing a suitable staying place.
- Select a reputable booking channel or book directly through the hotel's owner are all popular and convenient in Sapa Vietnam. Some hostels will require guests to pay in advance or a deposit.
- The hostel is mainly used and transacted in cash. Therefore, before the trip, visitors should prepare a certain amount of cash to limit inconveniences that may arise due to errors of online payment.
II - Top hostel in Sapa town
Here are some suggestions for a number of hostels with beautiful space design, great service quality and ones that have received good feedback from visitors.
Lustig Hostel - a 3-star hostel
One of the most popular hostels located in the center of Sapa town which has a modern design, comfortable space and good quality of service. From here, visitors can easily visit the famous tourist destinations of Sapa such as: Fansipan peak (2.8km); Cat Cat village (3.7km); Ham Rong mountain (1.4km); Muong Hoa valley (2km);... Open-concept space design with large glass windows, luxurious wooden furniture, private balconies overlooking the surreal mountains. Moreover, the common utility area is modern and always kept clean making a good impression on visitors. Most visitors are very fond of the hostel space and breakfast here.
- Location: No. 762 Dien Bien Phu Street, Sapa town, Lao Cai Province
- Room rate: 250,000 - 1,200,000 VND /room depending on room class (10.77 - 51.72 USD)
- Contact: +84 (0)214 6 288 899.
Go Sapa Hostel - 1-star hostel
Hostel is designed with a main red tone color, bringing a warm and comfortable homely feeling. Also, there are some private rooms to meet the requirements of visitors, in which the balcony area is very suitable for viewing the surroundings. In particular, the resting space is filled with colorful blankets; a shared area includes the dining area, bar counter and grand balcony. From here, visitors can visit some popular places such as Sapa stone church (600m); Truc Lam Dai Giac Monastery (1,6km); Fansipan Legend cable car station (450m); Tien Sa waterfall (2.5km).
- Location: No. 25, Thac Bac Street, Tt Sapa, Lao Cai province
- Room rate: 90,000 - 250,000 VND / person / night (~ 3.87 - 5.17 $)
- Contact: +84 (0)815 524 546.
Sapa Odyssey Hostel - 1-star hostel
A great choice for travelers who love modern and comfortable design. The hostel has a private balcony system and an outdoor cafe where guests can have a cup of coffee or tea while enjoying the panoramic view of the mountains. Some services such as money exchange; car rental; entertainment with darts are available. Several tourist attractions that tourists can conveniently visit are: Fansipan cable car (3.5km); Sapa Lake (1.5km); the central square of Sapa (900m); Ham Rong mountain (1,7km); ...
- Location: No. 38 Muong Hoa Street, Tt Sapa, Lao Cai Province
- Room rate: 100,000 - 250,000 VND / person / night (~ 4.31 - 10.77 $)
- Contact: +84 (0)945 183 001.
- You may concern: The best hotels in Sapa
II - Best Sapa hostels in Ta Van village
Ta Van village is a small village located about 10km far away from the center of Sapa town. This beautiful remote village which is surrounded mainly by hills and valleys is home to mainly Hmong people. Thanks to the rustic beauty, simplicity and life full of "love" of the people here have attracted thousands of visitors each year. In order to explore and experience Ta Van village to the fullest, taking a trekking tour by staying at a local hostel is highly recommended. Some suggestions for visitors are as follows:
Tavan Dragon House
Hostel's interior is simply designed with two main materials: wood and glass. Visitors will have a panoramic view of Ta Van village or green terraced rice fields. Ta Van Dragon house offers guests a boutique room, fulfilled with all necessary amenities. Breakfast and popular kinds of drinks are also available at this beautiful Sapa hostel with a big kitchen room and bar counter. Some specialties that you can try are grilled pork, grilled chicken, salmon hotpot, etc. Also, you can admire the scene of local people plowing the fields, transplanting rice or weaving to meet their life.
- Location: Ta Van Mong village, Ta Van commune, Sapa district, Lao Cai province
- Room rate: 105,000 - 175,000 VND / person / night (~ 4.52 - 7.54 $)
- Contact: +84 (0)904 10 10 26.
Tavan Hostel - a 2 star hostel
With a small and elegant design, Tavan Hostel 2 attracts and "captivates" many tourists when coming here. Stepping into the hostel, visitors can feel a cozy and warm atmosphere. The highlights of this hostel come from the beautiful and indigenous images of a cute dog or a local-style kitchen. The eating area is especially high and open, so you can enjoy the delicious local food while seeing the surroundings.
- Location: TL152, Ta Van commune, Sapa district, Lao Cai province
- Room rate: 100,000 VND / person / night (~ $ 4.31)
- Contact: 0983 048 166.
Muong Hoa Review Homestay
One of the best hostels in Sapa with the great view in Ta Van village. The entire hostel space is designed like a house of indigenous people - a traditional stilt house made from wood as the main material. The interior is designed with ethnic cultural details such as brocade fabric, bronze deer head combined with glass doors to help visitors easily see the surrounding scenery. In addition, the large balcony or the hut outside the yard is a plus for relaxing and enjoying the great view of a peacefully mountainous hostel.
Source: Fb Muonghoariverview
- Location: Ta Van village, Ta Van commune, Sapa district, Lao Cai province
- Room rate: 300,000 - 375,000 VND / person / night (~ 12.93 - 16.16 $)
- Contact: +84 (0)974 624 974
- See more: Accommodation in Sapa
With those provided information, we hope that visitors can get some useful tips and information about hostels in Sapa. Staying at a nice and suitable hostel in this foggy town is a good way of experiencing culture when traveling to Sapa.