I - Where is Sapa in Vietnam?
This is a misty town of Lao Cai province in the northwest of Vietnam. This mountainous town is about 38km from Lao Cai city and 376km from the Hanoi capital. From Hanoi, you can get here by sleeping bus or overnight trains within 6-7 hours.
Sapa altitude is about 1,500 - 1,800m above sea level. This place has a temperate and subtropical climate that is extremely pleasant and comfortable all year round. The average temperature is about 15°C. Winter is usually cloudy and cold, the temperature sometimes drops below 0°C, sometimes it snows.
II - Sapa reviews from international tourists
This town is a great place where you can visit all year round. To explore the best places here, you should take a 3-4 day trip including trekking & sightseeing tour, climbing tour or experience more about unique local culture.
- Best places to visit: Silver Waterfall, Stone Church, Muong Hoa Valley, Bac Ha Market, Love Market,
- The best place to hike: Fansipan Mountain at the height of 3143m.
- Best trekking route for sightseeing & exploring local life; Sapa Town - Lao Chai Village - Ta Van Village - Giang Ta Chai Village - Ta Phin Village
Let’s see what tourists said about this charming land:
User Kevspain from the United Kingdom visited Fansipan Peak and left a comment on Tripadvisor which stated “From the cold mist of the valleys we ascended to the top of the mountain via cable car. We emerged through the clouds into a beautiful sunny morning overlooking the mountains and valleys which stood out below us. We were so lucky to have witnessed such views on a truly memorable day”
User Mawa N from Campuchia after visiting Muong Hoa Valley in Sapa Vietnam left said “One word to describe this place is: Amazing. Rice terraces, the hills, the clouds, the river, are just beautiful. Do not want to go home. Definitely will return”
Above are 2 of many reviews of tourists who have been here and their experiences here.
The stunning landscape - Source: Internet
III - Getting around Sapa Vietnam
You can easily take a taxi to get around. To explore the more remote villages, it is recommended to hire a scooter or trekking.
1 - Taxi
- Mai Linh Taxi: 0214 3 833 388
- Hung Vuong Taxi: 0214 3 855 855
- Hoang Hop Taxi: 0214 3 843 843
- Hai Yen Taxi: 0214 3 835 835
- Van Ngoc Taxi: 0214 3 758 758
- Thanh Cong Taxi: 0214 3 685 685
- Thien Hai Taxi: 0214 3 686 868
- Thuy Hoang Gia Taxi: 0214 3 775 686
2 - Motorbike rental in Sapa Vietnam
Almost all hotels & hostels here offer scooter rental services at a price of about $7.8 per day. You can also rent a motorbike from the following rental shops:
Sapa motorbike rental
- Address: Sapa Olympia Hotel - No.144 Thach Son Street, Sapa Town
- Phone number: 0975 874 987
Sapa motorbike rental
- Address: No.1 Ham Rong Street, Sapa Town
- Phone number: 0986 259 477
Hoc Ly motorbike rental
- Address: No.08 Hoang Lien Son Street, Sapa Town (Sun Plaza back gate).
- Phone number: 0915 190 874
IV - A quick look at the history of Sapa Vietnam
This land used to be a wild hill surrounded by a beautiful natural landscape. In 1905, this place was discovered, invested by the French, and developed into an ideal tourist resort. Over the past 100 years, this place has gradually become a favorite destination of tourists, attracted by both the beautiful landscape and the uniqueness of the indigenous culture.
Sapa Vietnam is definitely an ideal place for solo travelers and leisure tourists. Hope this brief can inspire you to get more information about this misty town and have a nice trip here.