Phu Quoc Island or the Emerald Island is known as the hidden and mysterious heaven among Vietnam's. Surrounding space is the interminable turquoise sea along with the long strips of golden and white sand meandering the coastlines. Along with the tropical forest, to complete the typical beauty of this island, are the coconut and casuarina trees standing along the beaches.
Pictures of Phu Quoc Island - Source: VnExpress
The fauna on this island varies from birds, mammals to marine creatures. There is a myriad of worth-visit destinations on this island including the ancient fishing village of Ham Ninh, poetic Tranh Spring, off-the-beaten-track Ganh Dau Cape, smooth white sandy Bai Dai beach, etc. Besides, the island is also renowned for the complexes of top-notch resorts and high-end bungalows where you can enjoy the most luxurious accommodation and the best services during your trip.
Ham Ninh Fishing Village - Source: Bestprice
This is an island district in Kien Giang Province, 50km from the mainland of Vietnam, talking about 50 minutes to fly from Saigon.
- Weather in Phu Quoc: features tropical monsoon climate, characterized by distinct rainy seasons (from April to November) and dry seasons (from December to March). The annual rainfall is high, about 3,029mm (9.938 ft).
- Administrative divisions: Duong Dong Town, An Thoi Town, Bai Thom Commune, Cua Can Commune, Cua Duong Commune, Duong To Commune, Ganh Dau Commune, Ham Ninh Commune, Tho Chau Commune, Hon Thom Commune.
- Area: 589.27 km² - this is the largest island in Vietnam
- Population: 179,480 people in 2019
- Zipcode: 92500
- Phone number for directory transportation assistance : +84 707 115 116
Taxis on this island cost from 10,000 VND/km ($0.44). Some taxi companies that you can refer to:
- Mai Linh taxi: +84 773 997 799 or +84 773 979 797
- Phu Quoc taxi: +84 98 760 2161
- Vinasun Phu Quoc taxi: +84 297 382 727 27
Riding a motorbike on the island - Source: Internet
Thanks to the advancement in constructing roads surrounding this island, you can easily travel around on smooth, wide, and straight roads. However, on the way to Phu Quoc National Park, you have to go through a quite narrow red clay road, which is a bit harder to get around. Some motorbike rental shops on this island:
Anh Phat’s Motorbike For Rent
- Address: No.92 Tran Hung Dao Street, Duong Dong Town
- Contact: +84 985 465 555 or +84 1249 678 888
Anh Tinh’s Motorbike For Rent
- Address: Quarter 3, Duong Dong Town
- Contact: +84 909 29 69 89
- Address: No.103 Tran Hung Dao Street, Duong Dong Town
- Contact: +84 988 325 825
Some car rental shops:
Duc Hung car rental shop
- Address: Suoi May Residential Area, Duong To Commune
- Contact: +84 969 265 111 or +84 971 555 069
Phu Quoc Car Rental - Kien Giang Travel
- Address: No.29 Hoang Van Thu Street, Duong Dong Town
- Contact: +84 983 060 154
Mr. Toan’s Car for Rent
- Address: No.02 Ly Tu Trong Street, Quarter 2, Duong Dong Town
- Contact: +84 297 263 0000 or +84 944 440 0235
You can take a tour to many beautiful islands near Phu Quoc Vietnam by boat and by canoe, including Mong Tay island, Thom island, Hon May Rut island,...
Thanh Duy Phu Quoc Travel
- Address: No.182 Tran Phu Street, Duong Dong Town
- Contact: +84 197 266 6868
Phu Quoc Green Travel
- Address: Tran Hung Dao Street, Duong Dong Town
- Contact: +84 963 551 271 or +84 963 552 971
Lam Hai Phu Quoc
- Address: No.92A, Tran Hung Dao Street, Duong Dong Town
- Contact: +84 2973 607 669 or +84 937 922 208
Getting on Hon Thom cable car is one of the most profoundly impressive experiences when hitting “Pearl Island”. This is the longest sea-crossing three-wire cable car in the world with a length of 7,899.9m. Traveling on Hon Thom cable car helps you to admire the majestic beauty of nature and the incredible scenery of the whole island which features a white smooth sandy beach and turquoise seawater, and an extraordinary view of primeval forests, etc.
- Ticket price: 400,000 VND/ adult ($17.58), 300,000 VND/ kid ($13.2), free of charge for kids under 1m
- Tickets are available on https://ticket.sunworld.vn or at An Thoi Station
The bus is well-equipped to prepare for your trip, which includes free wifi, air-conditioner, and multilingual Tour Guide Audio Sound System.
- Office Address: No.379 Nguyen Trung Truc Street, Duong Dong Town
- Contact: +84 297 6636 636
- Website: http://phuquocbustour.com/
- Itinerary: Sasco Station, Phu Quoc Night Market, L’azure Resort & Spa, Tropicana Resort, Coi Nguon Museum, Long Bien Resort, Famiana Resort, Ngoc Hien Pearl, CEO Group (Muong Thanh & Novotel Hotel), Sailing Club, Hon Thom Cable Car, Phu Quoc Prison, Phu Quoc Mushroom Farm, Ham Ninh Fishing Village, Tranh Stream, Dog Conservation Center, Thanh Long Myrtle Wine Factory, Ngoc Ha Pepper Farm
A pearl farm - Source: Pinterest
Foreigners staying on this island for less than 30 days can enjoy visa exemption. There are some requirements visitors have to meet when entering this island.
- Your passport still has to be valid for 6 months from the day you arrive on this island. Otherwise, it is necessary for you to renew it before getting to Phu Quoc.
- You must fly to Phu Quoc via Phu Quoc International Airport
- You must give proof (the departure date, return airline ticket,...) that you will leave the island within 30 days.
- You come here by air or by sea.
Some hospitals on the island:
Vinmec Phu Quoc International General Hospital
- Address: Bai Dai Beach, Ganh Dau Commune
- Contact: +84 297 3985 588
Hanoi Phu Quoc International Clinic
- Address: No.28 Le Hong Phong Street, Duong Dong Town
- Contact: +84 867 420 665
S.O.S Phu Quoc General Clinic
- Address: No.269 Nguyen Trung Truc Street, Duong Dong Town
- Contact: +84 297 8515 000
The Phu Quoc Island travel guide above shows you a small part of this beautiful island. Go there to see and enjoy one of the most amazing islands in Vietnam by experiencing many exciting things in Phu Quoc.Read less
Airport: Phu Quoc International Airport
Population: 179.480 people
Area: 589,23 km2
Map: Search Google Map
Besides nature's beauty, historical relics,.., Vietnamese souvenirs especially handcrafted gifts with unique and catchy processes, also attract tourists a lot. This following article may be the best answer for the question “What souvenir to buy in Vietnam?”