Well-known as “the land of Ancient Citadel”, Ninh Binh has now become a real tourist magnet not only for the Vietnamese but also international visitors all over the world. Eco-tourism and cultural-spiritual tourism, especially Trang An landscape complex, Bai Dinh Pagoda, Tam Coc - Bich Dong, Cuc Phuong National Park, etc. have been strongly developed in this province.
This province is located in the Red River Delta of Northern Vietnam - about 94km from Hanoi to the South.
- Total area: 1,400 km²
- Population: 982,487 people (latest statistics in 2019)
- Postal code: 430000
- Administrative units: Ninh Binh City, Tam Diep City, Yen Khanh District, Nho Quan District, Gia Vien District, Kim Son District, Yen Mo District.
Bai Dinh Pagoda - Source: Nguyen Dung
Traveling to this province is fairly easy. Trains, planes and buses to this province are available all day and night.
You can get off at Ninh Binh Train Station. There are many trains from Hanoi, Hue City, Danang City, Saigon,...to this railway station daily.
- Address: No.01 Alley 41, Hoang Hoa Tham Street, Thanh Binh Ward, Ninh Binh City Centre
There is no airport in this province and you can take a flight to Noi Bai International Airport - the nearest airport, about 110km. From Noi Bai International Airport, you can get on a limousine or hire a motorbike to continue your journey.
There are 2 bus stations in this province and you can take a bus from many other destinations in Vietnam to there:
- Ninh Binh Bus Station: No.207 Le Dai Hanh Street, Van Gia Commune, Ninh Binh City Center - 9km from Trang An, 10km from Tam Coc, 8km from Mua Cave,...
- Nho Quan bus station: Nho Quan Town, Nho Quan District - 18km from Van Long Nature Reserve, 25km from Cuc Phuong National Park,...
Burned rice - a local speciality - Source: Internet
On the tour discovering this province, you can take a couple of commuter modes into consideration such as: motorbike, bike, taxi, and boat.
Cuc Phuong National Park - Source: Ninhbinhretreat
A bike tour is an ideal option for you to admire the beauty of every corner here with an affordable rental fare of about 50,000 to 80,000 VND / day ($2.1 - 3.5). There are several destinations you can reach on the tour such as: Tam Coc, Thai Vi Temple, Mua Cave, Thung Nham Bird Garden, Trang An Landscape Complex, Cuc Phuong National Park,...
You can rent a bike from a couple of resorts and hotels providing free bicycle rental service (Aravinda Resort for an example). Otherwise, you can hire a bicycle/ a scooter in some homestays and resort/ bungalows (Ninh Binh Central Hotel, Tam Coc-Bich Dong Resort, Thuy Anh Hotel, Tam Coc Happy Home scooter & bicycle rental,...)
Bich Dong Pagoda - Source: Ins @hoangnhatanh
Motorbike rental in Ninh Binh Vietnam
Motorcycle is one of the favourite means of transport here because it is very convenient and it also helps you to touch the “utmost beauty of nature, life and locals on every path you go”. There are ample of motorbike agencies for rent you can take into consideration:
Dung Manh motorbike rental shop:
- Address: 49/16 Ngo Gia Tu Street, Nam Binh Ward, Ninh Binh City
- Website: https://motorbikeforrentninhbinh.com
Phuong Tien motorbike rental shop:
- Address: No.48 Alley 104, Le Thai To Street, Tan Thanh Ward, Ninh Binh City
- Contact: +84 942 862 099 or +84 779 266 808
Khanh Chi motorbike rental shop:
- Address: No.80, Luong Van Tuy Street, Tan Thanh Ward, Ninh Binh City
- Contact: +84 942 862 099
- Address: No.42, Street 27/7, Nam Binh Ward, Ninh Binh City
- Contact: +84 338 023 344
- Website: https://motogo.vn
Taxi price is from 10,000 VND / km ($0.44). Here are some taxi brands you can refer to:
- Mai Linh taxi: +84 229 625 2525 or +84 229 625 1888
- Hoa Lu taxi: +84 229 321 1444
- Xuan Thanh taxi: +84 229 368 6868
A boat tour in Trang An - Source: Ins @hoangnhatanh
Ninh Binh boat
Traveling by boat is quite special when visiting this province, which facilitates you to discover many interesting places such as Trang An Landscape Complex, Tam Coc, Van Long Nature Reserve, Thung Nang Tourist Area, Thung Nham Bird Garden,... In particular, to explore the utmost beauty of Trang An complex, you follow three routes below which lead you to glorious caves and stunning sceneries:
- Route 1: 3.5 hours' rowing, 9 caves (Dark Cave, Bright Cave, Moonshine Cave, Ba Giọt Cave, Seo Cave, Sơn Dương Cave, Khống Cave, Trần Cave, and Quy Hậu Cave) and 3 temples (Trình, Khống and Báo Hiếu Pagoda), several hop-on, hop-off spots.
- Route 2: 2.5 hours' rowing, 4 caves (Lấm Cave, Vạng Cave, and Thánh Trượt Cave, Đại Cave), 3 temples visiting (Thánh Cao Sơn temple, Hanh Cung Vũ Lâm temple, and Suối Tiên temple).
- Route 3: 3 hours rowing, 3 caves (Đột Cave, Địa Linh Cave, and Mây Cave), and 3 temples visiting (Trình temple, Hành Cung Vũ Lâm temple, and Suối Tiên temple)
Thien Ha Cave - Source: Vietnam Journey
To gain an amazing experience when coming to this ancient capital, it is advisable for you to take a tour from a travel operator who brings you to the most outstanding attractions and provides you with the best services for your tour. Below are some suggestions for you to consider:
Ninh Binh Tourist Center
You can choose any given tour taking place between 7am and 7pm.
- Price: 900,000 VND / pax
- Contact: +84 777 248 022
- Website: https://www.ninhbinhtouristcenter.com/
Ninh Binh Tours
- Pick-up point: your hotel in Hanoi
- Duration: 1 day
- Price: 933,000 - 1,092,000 VND / pax ($41-48)
- Contact:+84 385 385 808
- Website: https://www.ninhbinh-tour.com/
- Price: 682,000 - 3,665,000 VND / pax ($30 - 161)
- Online booking only
- Hotline: +84 702 648 5873
- Website: https://www.viator.com
Tuyet Tinh Coc Valley - Source: Internet
Both of the 2 destinations have their own unique beauty, which makes it impossible to decide which one is better. However, to get more insight into these tourist magnets, you can take a look at this table below:
|Visit Ninh Binh Province||Visit HaLong Bay|
|Attractions||Rice paddies; temples, pagodas; river system, caves; limestone mountains; ancient countryside||
Beaches; Caves; Limestone mountains; Fishing villages
|Activities||Cycling; river boat tour; sightseeing||Swimming; diving; kayak; take a cruise; night squid fishing|
Ninh Binh Vietnam is a famous tourist attraction with the increasing number of visitors who would like to admire the magnificent beauty of scenic landscapes of Tam Coc - Bich Dong, Trang An landscape Complex, and the unique architectures of Bai Dinh Pagoda and many other stunning should-visit places.Read less
Besides nature's beauty, historical relics,.., Vietnamese souvenirs especially handcrafted gifts with unique and catchy processes, also attract tourists a lot. This following article may be the best answer for the question “What souvenir to buy in Vietnam?”