Cam Ranh airport Vietnam was originally built by the US military when directly involved in the Vietnam war. After the signing of the Paris Agreement in 1973, based on the law "the US withdrew its military bases from Vietnam and did not interfere in the internal affairs of South Vietnam", so the airport was transferred to the Republic of Vietnam government of President Nguyen Van Thieu.
(Source: Tony Pham)
In 2004, Cam Ranh welcomed the first civil flight, opening the replacement time for old Nha Trang airport which was no longer used because its location was too close to a residential area. In 2007, Cam Ranh officially became the third international airport of the Central region of Vietnam, after Da Nang International Airport and Phu Bai International Airport (Hue).
Nha Trang airport code and contact information
IATA code is CXR, ICAO code is VVCR.
-Head office: Cam Nghia ward, Cam Ranh city, Khanh Hoa province
-Phone: (84.258) 398 9956 - Fax (84.258) 398 9908
I - Cam Ranh international airport geographical location
(Source: Bich La)
The airport is located at the coordinates of 11°59’53’’N, 109°13’10’’E, namely at the center of Cam Ranh peninsula, Cam Ranh City, Khanh Hoa Province. From the airport to the center of Nha Trang city about 35km to the south, to the center of Cam Ranh city about 10km to the north.
Around the airport, there are a number of tourist destinations that visitors can come to when they get off the airport, such as: Po Nagar Tower is 40km from the airport, the Nha Trang Institute of Oceanography is 35km from the airport, and Long Son pagoda (locations). This name is located in the city of Nha Trang also about 35km from the airport, Bai Dai 2km from the airport.
Airport near Nha Trang vietnam:
- Dalat Airport (96km)
- Tuy Hoa Airport (117km)
- Buon Ma Thuot Airport (141km)
- Quy Nhon Airport (219km)
II - Physical facilities - technical infrastructure in Nha Trang airport
The Airport has two runways taking off and landing. The first one has a length of 3,048m and a width of 45m. The second road will be put into operation in 2019 after 5 years of construction, with a length of 3,048m, width of 45m, meeting grade 4E standards.
Like other international airports in Vietnam, Cam Ranh Airport has the following functional departments: Supervisory Board; The Secretariat of the Corporation; Office of the Corporation; Office of Party - Union; Finance - Accounting Board; Organization and Personnel Board; Port Operation Board; Security - Safety Board; Business - Market Development Board; Planning Department; Basic Construction Board; Legal - International Cooperation Board; Technology-Environment Board
This airport includes the main areas such as: runway system, terminals, circulation roads, air traffic control tower and other ancillary works.
III - Services at Cam Ranh International airport
Airport taxi service (Source: Thegioivisa)
Free Wifi: The airport is equipped with a free wifi internet system with high speed, passengers can access the internet comfortably while waiting for the flight. Passengers click “MegaNet Free” to get free access to the Internet.
Medical services: Passengers, staff, if feeling unwell or require medical assistance at Cam Ranh International Airport, please come or contact the medical clinic located in the lobby area (Domestic check-in area).
- Location: Lobby area (Domestic check-in area)
- Working hours: 24 hours daily
- Hotline: (0258) 3989956
Nha Trang airport sim card service: Sim card services are always available in the Travelmart sim counter at the airport. In order to get the best and most suitable sim service packages, passengers should get more detail and information from the sim card-selling staff.
Free drinking water: Domestic and international terminals are equipped with free hot and cold drinking water service, operating 24 / 24h at the following locations:
- Domestic terminals: at gate 03 station isolation area
- International terminals: at gate 06 station isolation area
Nha Trang airport food:
- Big Bowl restaurant is located at the check-in area of T2 terminal, simulating the bustling street food stalls of Vietnam.
- Burger King fast food restaurant is located on the 2nd floor, serving beef dishes imported from Australia.
- Espresso to go is located on the 2nd floor, is a cozy coffee shop, serving dishes such as capuchino, latte for visitors.
- Cias Vietnamese Fast Food & Drinks: Serves dishes with a strong Vietnamese identity such as Pho, Bun Ca, Banh Canh or Bun Bo Hue. The restaurant is located at T2 international terminal.
Nha Trang airport lounge: VIP lounge is available at the airport where passengers can take a rest and experience some great services including food service with Asian & Western style buffet, working space, shower room,...For more details, you can access the website http://www.camranh.aero/vip-lounge.
Special support services: In order to be thoughtful and timely service, passengers who need special assistance, please inform the airline staff when checking out the flight, including special services:
- Meals, wheelchairs for passengers who have difficulty moving
- An elevator lifts to the aircraft for passengers who cannot climb the ladder
- Unaccompanied children service
- Support services for passengers who have difficulty hearing and seeing.
IV - Airlines and flight routes at Nha Trang airport
1 - Airlines
- Domestic airlines: Vietnam Airlines; Jetstar Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air
- International airlines: Korean Air, Azur Air, Air Asia, Capital Airlines, Nordwind Airlines, Hong Kong Express, Loong Air
2 - Flight routes
Currently, the airport has an average of 26 turns of flights taking off and landing each day.
Domestic flight to Cam Ranh: Cam Ranh - Ho Chi Minh City; Cam Ranh- Da Nang; Cam Ranh- Vinh; Cam Ranh- Thanh Hoa; Cam Ranh- Hai Phong; Cam Ranh - Hanoi.
International flights: Cam Ranh - Malaysia; Cam Ranh- Hong Kong; Cam Ranh¬- China; Cam Ranh- Korea; Cam Ranh- Russia.
V - Nha Trang airport transfer information
1 - How to move to the airport?
(Source: Victor Xok)
From the center of Nha Trang city, passengers can choose car and bus, or shuttle bus at the airport which takes about 45-60 minutes.
From Nha Trang center to the airport, there is a 30-minute fixed bus for the New Land bus, costing 2.6$/ trip, operating from 4:30 to 19:55. Please contact hotline +84258.625 4455. Operating route: 10 Yersin, 10 Tran Hung Dao, No. 1 Tran Quang Khai, Tran Phu Street, 14 Hoang Dieu, T-junction Phuoc Loc, Bai Dai, Nha Trang Airport and vice versa.
There are many taxi firms to choose from. Passengers can either take a taxi on the road or book by hotel. Reputable taxi firms are as follows:
- Mai Linh: +84258. 38 38 38 38
- Vinasun: +84258. 827 27 27
- International: +84258. 352 52 52
- Sun Taxi: +84258. 3898 989
- Asia: +84258. 3535 3535
2 -Transfer from Nha Trang airport to city center, tourist attractions in the province
From the airport, passengers can travel to Nha Trang by bus or taxi.
- Airport bus stop is located in front of the Terminal, available every day from 5:30 to the last flight of the day. Passengers buy a ticket at the reception hall, ticket price 2.6$/ time.
50-250 meters from the exit of passengers is the parking place for agencies and individuals to pick up passengers; vehicles of some big hotels or tour buses; The outermost is the taxi park of other firms.
- Taxi Nha Trang airport: You can be found at the taxi stop just outside the Terminal. From the airport to Nha Trang takes about 45 minutes and costs about 15,2$
You may concern: Top best beaches in Nha Trang
VI - Lookup Nha Trang airport map
This article is to answer for the following keywords: Cam Ranh airport lounge; Airport Cam Ranh; Cam Ranh Vietnam airport; Nha Trang airport bus; Cam Ranh airport code; Nha Trang Vietnam airport code