Nha Trang in Vietnam, a beautiful coastal city, has a range of beautiful beaches, islands, etc-the right tropical sea with white sand, the emerald green sea. This is also the beauty that the "mother of nature" has bestowed on this country. ...
I - Where is Nha Trang Vietnam?
Nha Trang, located in the Central Region of Vietnam, is the capital city of Khanh Hoa province. It is 1,290km from Hanoi to the south; 445 km from Ho Chi Minh City to the North. The total area of the city is 251 km2, as of 1 January 2019 the entire city had 422,601people; the population density is around 1,683 persons per km2. The city is located close to the sea with the distance being 385km from Dai Lanh commune to Cam Ranh bay. The terrain is relatively intricately differentiated from the height of 0-900m above sea level; includes 03 main areas:
- Coastal and riverside plains
- Transition area
- The steep mountainous area
II - Best time to go to Nha Trang
This city is located in the savanna tropical climate, influenced by the oceanic climate so the weather is mild all year round with almost no winter. The annual average temperature is only about 26.3oC. There are two distinct seasons in the climate: the dry season (January - August); the rainy season (September - December) - this time the rainfall accounts for 80% of the annual rainfall, about 1,000mm. Moreover, the area is less affected by hurricanes or natural disasters, making it very ideal for marine tourism and outdoor activities.
Source: Claire Bolgil
The best month to visit Nha Trang in Vietnam is from December to February, because the climate at this time is relatively stable and tourists can avoid summer vacations in Vietnam. Thanks to this, tourist destinations here are also widely available. The days here are long and sunny, so tourists can arrange their schedules with ease.
III - How to move here?
It is also very simple and convenient to travel from other nations, provinces, and cities directly within Vietnam to Nha Trang Beach City. Either of the following main means of transport can be preferred by visitors:
Cam Ranh International Airport is located in Nguyen Tat Thanh Ward, Cam Hai Dong, Cam Ranh City, Khanh Hoa Province (35km to the south of the city). To go from the airport to the city center, you can catch the Dat Moi bus or travel by taxi as following:
- Dat Moi Bus
Travel time: 60 minutes/trip
Ticket price: 50,000 VND (~ $ 2.15)
Phone number: 0258 625 44 55.
Travel route: Cam Ranh Airport - No. 10 Yersin (opposite Khanh Hoa province hospital).
- Taxi: You should step outside the airport entrance to be able to catch some taxi brands such as: Mai Linh taxi , Khanh Hoa taxi,..
Travel time: approximately 45 minutes/trip
Ticket price: 250,000-300,000 VND/4-seater car/way (~$10.77-$12.93).
The North-South Railway passes through about 25km of this city. You may get off at Nha Trang train station or Luong Son substation.
- Nha Trang train station: No. 17 Thai Nguyen Street, Phuoc Tan Ward, City Center
- uong Son train station: Van Dang village, Vinh Luong commune, City Center
Coach - Limousine
In the case of coach or limousine, you can decide to get off according to the bus route or get off at the city bus station. Some big bus routes have pick-up and drop-off points at the bus station, such as Quy Nhon; Ho Chi Minh City, Quang Ngai,...There are 2 bus stations in this city:
- North Bus Station: Address: No. 1, 2 - 4 street; City centre; Phone number: 058 838 799.
- Southern bus station: Address: No. 58, 23/10, Vinh Trung ward; City centre; Phone number: 0258 3 812 812. [Read more...]
II - Nha Trang travel guide information
1 - Transportation in Nha Trang
Source: Joose TravelingHawks
Getting around the city or to the popular tourist attractions, you have many choices of transportation such as:
Traveling by taxi
- Mai Linh Taxi : 0258 38 38 38 38
- International Taxi : 0258 3 52 52 52
- Asia Taxi: 02583 35 35 35 35
Traveling by bus
There are currently 06 city bus routes in the entire city, 02 inter-district routes serving residents' and tourists' travel needs. Ticket prices are VND 7,000/person/one way (~ $ 0.3) for routes 01,02, 03, 04, 05, and 06.
Traveling by motorbike
The road system in this city makes it convenient to ride by motorcycle. This is also the primary means of transport for indigenous people - tourists can be proactive in both time and schedule by selecting this form of transportation. Motorbike rental in Nha Trang:
- VietCoral Tourist: No. 152 Hung Vuong Street, Loc Tho Ward; rental price from 80,000 - 250,000 VND/day (~ 3.44 - 10.77 $); Phone number: 0934 993 599.
- Best Motor: No. 153, Hung Vuong Street, Loc Tho Ward; rental price 100,000 - 120,000 VND/motorbike/ day (~ 4.3 - 5.17); Phone number: 0329 161 516.
Traveling by cyclo
Traveling by cyclo is an ideal choice for those who enjoy sightseeing and want to discover more fascinating stories about this city. You can experience a city cyclo tour with 750,000 VND/person/2-hour tour (~$32.33) . Dinner of grilled spring rolls and Grilled pork noodle soup is included in the tour price. Groups of organization:
- Friendly Travel Limited Company: address: Group 10, Vo Canh, Vinh Trung ward, City Center; Phone number: 0935 81 2225.
- Wave Travel Company: address: 51 Phan Boi Chau Street, Nha Trang City Centre ; Phone number: 0905 08 18 70.
Traveling by boat
Taking a boat, watching the bay or having dinner is equally as interesting and draws visitors. With full lights from the bay, you can see the panoramic view of the city, enjoy dishes with fresh seafood ingredients such as steamed fish; fried fish,... Some of the cruise-ship tour operators are:
- RiverTours Travel Service & Trading Limited Company: NV08, Route 10, Street 28, Phuoc Long Urban Area, City Center; Phone number: 0583 880 357; Tour price 1,650,000 VND/person/tour - Emperor Cruises (~ $ 71.12)
2 - Nha Trang food to enjoy
Ninh Hoa grilled roll - Source: Bamboo
This city is famous for many delicious local dishes and fresh ingredients that are good for health. The dishes that you should try once when coming here are:
Ninh Hoa grilled rolls
The fatty aroma of meat, the freshness of vegetables, and the crispy taste of the rice cake combined with the sauce create a harmonious and unique flavor.
The sweetness of the broth, the fat of the Vietnamese pork sausage, the fragrant aroma of fish, and crunchiness of the jellyfish bring a full "sealike” aftertaste in a bowl of noodles. When eating, you can combine with a little sauce, chili, and lemon to increase the inherent sweet and sweet taste for the dish.
Fish cake noodle soup
The fish cakes are made from fresh sea fish and then fried with the outer shell to create a fragrant, sweet flavor, not fishy. When eaten with the broth that is simmered from the bones to create a sweet taste for the dish
A dish that has been modified to suit the taste of the local people, instead of using pork pine. Usually, this food in Nha Trang uses squid fillings. Due to the way of processing, diners will taste the saltiness of the dish when the gallbladder bursts, especially suitable with some fresh vegetables and sweet and sour fish sauce.
Lac Canh Grilled beef
The pieces of beef are marinated with spices and then grilled to brown over the shimmering red charcoal so that they are not dry but still solid. It is generally eaten with bread and sauces.
This is one of the country's traditional, rustic dishes. You can experience the fatty taste of the shrimp paste while eating, the scent of the onion combined with the hot and supple layers of cake. When eaten hot, this dish will taste better, especially right after it's cooked.
Fish herring salad
The signature flavor of this dish is the clear and sweet herring. Particularly, this fish has no blood, so it's not going to taste fishy when it's eaten. The processing is also very simple: a little fish sauce, a little lemon, a little chili, and a sauce made with a fishbone.
You can also discover several other delicious dishes from Europe, Asian, Italian, Indian dishes, etc. Thanks to this, your itinerary of travel becomes fascinating and varied. There is no need for tourists who are picky eaters or have a religiously specific diet to be too worried about coming here.
2 - Best places to visit in Nha Trang
This city is an island paradise in Vietnam. If tourists do not take the time to appreciate and discover the beautiful beaches and mystical islands here, it will also be flawed. For a visit, some ideas include:
Whale Island - Source: Vntrip
This city has a total of 19 large and small islands. But the popular point that can be felt by tourists when traveling to the island here is wild space, white sand, and clear blue sea. Especially ideal for sunbathing, swimming, or tourist diving activities. The stunning islands that should not be skipped by tourists include:
- Diep Son Island: Explore the 03 island system and a 700 m long sea road that connects two islands very nicely together. In each time frame of the day, this path will rapidly vanish, most obviously around 12 noon.
- Yen Island: This island owns a special "double beach". The fine white sand beach and both banks have gentle waves that are ideal for tourists to swim and sunbathe.
- Whale Island: This is an island of wild beauty and little effect on human life. In addition, on the island, there is a resort able to meet the needs of visitors.
- Mun Island: This Nha Trang island owns the black rock caves where the birds breed and nest. In addition, the ecosystem in Hon Mun is also highly diverse with about 1,500 species of marine life and coral.
- Hon Tam Island: a perfect place to explore marine life with a glass-bottom boat or a scuba dive to watch the coral when the water is clear and relatively calm.
Nha Trang Bay
This is one of the three most beautiful bays in Khanh Hoa province, Vietnam, with a total area of 249.65 km2, owning 19 large and small islands with spectacular wild habitats and rich ecosystems. This has made this bay one of the most enticing destinations. At the same time, this is also the place to store archeological relics in Bich Dam on Bich Dam Island.
Nha Trang in Vietnam is considered as home of fresh air and the most romantic beaches. Some beautiful beaches can be mentioned as:
- Doc Let Beach: fine white sand and green casuarina groves create a standard tropical sea scenery. At the same time, the calm, transparent waves of the sea can be seen at the bottom, a beautiful sight for tourists.
- Nha Trang Beach: 7km long, has green coconut trees, smooth white sand, and is located right next to the city, so it's simple to get around. It's also a perfect place for tourists to watch the dramatic sunrise - sunset on the sea or experience exciting sea sports.
- Bai Tru Beach: The wild, new, and majestic scenery attract a lot of tourists. Coming here, tourists not only swim in the sea but also have the opportunity to experience several of Vinpearl's entertainment events on Hon Tre Island -the largest island in Nha Trang Bay.
- Bai Dai Beach: This place attracts visitors by its wild and pristine beauty with many beaches that have not been influenced by humans. Coming here, you can easily feel the clear sounds of nature such as the murmuring of the wind, the sound of waves crashing.
Nha Trang salt fields
This is where coastal people manufacture white salt from seawater following conventional methods. Seawater is brought into each field and then awaits the evaporation of the water to scrape the residual white salt away. The making process requires hard work, but it produces a stunning landscape - the salt field is like a white snowfield from a distance.
Dam market - Source: Internet
In the city center
You can also explore other scenic spots or cultural tourist attractions in the city center such as:
- Dam Market: One of the coastal city's special architectural works. This is also the location where busy shopping and commodity trading events take place to help tourists understand indigenous people's everyday activities better.
Address: Van Thanh ward
- Long Son Pagoda: The pagoda owns a 21m high white Buddha statue, situated on a 7m high lotus. Here, you can learn more about the spiritual culture of the Vietnamese people and enjoy a peaceful space.
Address: No. 22, 23 Thang 10 Street, Phuong Son Street,
- Mountain Church: This Nha Trang church, with its distinctive architecture, was built in the late 19th century. On a small mountain, the entire church campus is made of stone, so it brings a peaceful space to the heart of the city, from where tourists can take a look at the panoramic
Address: No. 1, Thai Nguyen Street, Phuoc Tan Ward,
Constructed in 1922, the building is home to one of the two largest artifacts of marine life in Southeast Asia. Address: No. 1, Cau Da Street.
Cau Da Villa
One of the ancient artifacts of architecture, built-in 1923. Fresh room and traditional ancient French architecture are in its hands. You can take advantage of the panoramic view of the busy beach from here.
Address: Top of Chut mountain, Vinh Nguyen ward
Nha Trang Vietnam can be seen as one of the great stops for tourists who love sea-tourism, cultural tourism, ecotourism,... Hopefully, with the tips from localtravelidea.com, you can select an appropriate schedule and have the most pleasant experience in this coastal city.