The weather in Hue is divided into two distinct seasons: the dry season and rainy season. In the dry season, temperatures are high, with little rainfall and hot dryness. In the rainy season, it rains a lot, the temperature is low and cold.
I - Hue weather in the dry season
1 - Characteristics of the dry season in Hue
The dry season in Hue starts from March, the monthly average temperature ranges from 21°C - 28°C; the dry mid-season months are April, May and June, the temperature will be slightly higher from 37°C to 39°C and humidity about 82%. At the end of the dry season in Hue falls in July and August, the temperature may be a bit softer in the range 32 - 34°C, and at night it may drop a bit deeper to 25°C.
2 - What to experience in the dry season in Hue
Besides the Hue festival, the dry season is a very suitable time for visitors to visit famous tourist destinations in Hue, because dry weather in Hue makes it easy to take photos (if allowed). The places tourists can choose to explore are Hue Imperial city, Tomb of Khai Dinh, Tomb of Tu Duc, Tomb of Minh Mang, Thien Mu Pagoda, Trang Tien Bridge on the banks of the Perfume River, the majestic Bach Ma mountain range, Busy Dong Ba market with a variety of goods, some souvenirs for visitors to bring ...
In addition, visitors can not miss the experience of a leisurely cyclo ride around Hue city in the early mornings or sunset afternoons filled with cicadas. The price for a cyclo ride is only about 40,000-100,000 VND (1.72-4.31 USD) / time, depending on the schedule, time and depending on the agreement with the driver.
3 - Hue traveling tips in the dry season
- Before each trip, visitors need to see the weather forecast carefully, because Hue weather is also quite erratic, the temperature can reach up to 40 degrees C which is not favorable for the trip.
- Need to prepare the necessary equipment to cope with the sun in Hue, such as: hats, sunscreen, long sleeves, sunglasses, paper bags. in addition, also should bring a little extra cash, bank cards, identification documents, and basic medical equipment, ...
- The dry season is the best time to visit Hue Vietnam with many holidays and celebrations, so it is called the peak season of tourism. Along this time, the cost will also be higher, visitors should consider this to avoid price surprises.
- If you do not go on tour, please arrange the itinerary to visit the destination that is suitable and convenient for transportation. This arrangement saves you time, and the travelling will also be smoother.
II - Hue weather in Rainy season
1 - Typical rainy season in Hue
The rainy season in Hue starts from September and October every year, at this time the rainfall is relatively large at about 561mm. V noisy two-month peak season is May 11 and 12, the annual rainfall, the highest can reach 620mm / month. Therefore, to Hue at this time, tourists should prepare raincoats, umbrellas,... to avoid the rain in Hue. The low point of the rainy season here falls in January and February every year, the rainfall is only about 200mm / 2 months; however, the temperature is quite low due to a little influence of the northeast monsoon, the temperature drops to about 23°C during the day and 15 - 17°C at night. Visitors should actively prepare themselves for thin clothes suitable for the weather here.
2 - What to experience in the rainy season in Hue
- Sip a cup of tea, coffee and watch the rainfall: in Hue, there are many places that are said to be ideal for watching the rain such as Vong Canh hill, Ngu Phung floor, hotels along Huong river, ...While the coffee warms up your hands, take a sip occasionally, chats about stories, watch the rain and have an enjoyable experience.
- Enjoy the dishes: Hue cuisine is extremely diverse and unique, with reasonable prices. From the so-called "rain team" dishes such as Hue beef vermicelli, hot boiled snails, baked potatoes, tofu, or spring rolls, mussel rice... to cakes like banh canh, filter dough cake, banh xeo, ... are delicious because of the heat on rainy days. Even Hue culinary devotees believe that everything will be delicious when it rains, but Hue food is hot, fragrant, and suitable for the weather.
- Like the dry season, in the rainy season in Hue, visitors can still experience cyclo to see the streets, life and people of Hue under the rain,... and listen to Hue songs on the Perfume River.