Hue and HaLong Bay are two famous tourist destinations that tourists nearly should not miss when visiting Vietnam. These two destinations are quite far apart, if you are planning to visit both of the above tourist spots, you must know the ways to travel from Hue and Ha Long Bay below to facilitate your journey.
The distance from Hue to HaLong Bay is about 765,6km. There is currently no direct flight or train between these two cities. You have choices of taking a flight from Hue to Hanoi then moving from Hanoi to HaLong Bay or catching a direct bus to HaLong Bay.
I - From Hue to Halong bay bus
Traveling by bus is time-consuming (about 14 hours) but economical. With such a long distance, this choice is not suitable for the elderly and time-limited travelers. You can refer to the following bus companies in Hue:
Source: Austin Neill
Hung Duc bus
- Pick-up point: Lao Thai supermarket on 1A Highway, Huong Tho commune, Huong Tra district, Thua Thien Hue province
- Drop-off point: Bai Chay bus station, Bai Chay ward, HaLong city
- Ticket price: 400,000 VND/ticket (~17,1$)
- Hotline: 0971 576 576
KT Hue Travel
- Traveling time: 18 hours from Hue to HaLong bay
- Contact: 0905.615.715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ticket price: 420,000 VND/ticket (~18,1$)
- Schedule: You are picked up at 5:30pm in Hue (pick-up point confirmation has made before by you and KT Hue Travel) → the journey starts at 6pm → dinner at 8pm → arrive in Hanoi at 6am → 45 mins break-off for breakfast and personal hygiene → the journey starts at 7am → get off at 1pm in HaLong city center
Luc Tung bus
- Pick-up point: along 1A Highway in Hue
- Drop-off point: Bai Chay bus station, Bai Chay ward, HaLong City
- Ticket price: 330,000 VND/ticket (~14,1$)
- Hotline: 0987 231 777
II - Booking Hue to HaLong flight
There is no direct flight from Hue to HaLong. Instead, you have to follow the route: Hue - Hanoi - HaLong Bay.
Step 1: From Hue to Hanoi
The best choice in this case is traveling by plane to save time. The flight departs from Phu Bai International Airport in Hue to Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi with an average traveling time of 1 hour and 15 mins.
You can refer to the following airlines:
- Vietnam Airlines: www.vietnamairlines.com/vn/en/Home
- Vietjet Air: www.vietjetair.com/Sites/Web/en-US/Home
Frequency and ticket price are always changing, please visit these above websites for details.
Step 2: From Hanoi to HaLong
To continue the journey from Hue to Halong by plane, you book a seaplane from Noi Bai airport to Tuan Chau Marina.
To get from Noi Bai Airport to HaLong Bay, the most favourable choice is booking a seaplane ticket from Hai Au Company, which departs from Noi Bai Airport and arrives in Tuan Chau Marina (Villa T7 Tuan Chau Commercial Urban Area, Tuan Chau ward, HaLong city) after 45 mins moving.
Hai Au company offers another service namely “Enjoy HaLong Bay from above in 25 mins” which costs about 2.100.000 VND/person (~ 90$). The flight takes off from Tuan Chau Marina and passes the most featured spots in Halong Bay such as Dau Be Island, Cong Do Island, Bo Hon Island, Luon Cave,...
- You can book ticket via hotline 0913.073.596 or website https://www.seaplanes.vn/en/
- Ticket counters at Noi Bai airport are located at counter E9, lobby E, terminal 1.
Please note that: you have some other choices to travel from Noi Bai airport to HaLong Bay such as:
- Catching a limousine bus from Noi Bai airport to HaLong Bay
- Moving to Hanoi inner then catch a bus to HaLong Bay
You can read more about the ways to get from Hanoi to HaLong Bay here
The two-above choices may be cheaper than seaplanes but more time-consuming, more complicated and less experienced.
Sum up both ways of traveling from Hue to HaLong Bay
|Features||Traveling by bus||Traveling follow the route: Hue - Hanoi - HaLong Bay|
|Total time||About 18 hours||About 4 hours|
|Total cost||330,000 - 400,000 VND/person (~14,1 - 17,1$)||6,000,000 - 11,000,000 VND/person (~257 - 472,3$)|
|Pros||- Cost saving
- Bring more luggages
- Interesting experiences
- Easy to cause fatigue
- The upper bed may not be suitable for people over 1m8
Above is our guide to get from Hue to HaLong Bay. Hopefully, you have had a suitable choice after reading our article.