I - Nightlife in Hoi An Ancient Town
There are some fascinating activities that you can choose to fully enjoy the atmosphere in Hoi An ancient town at night:
1 - Nguyen Hoang Night Market
Nguyen Hoang market is 300m2 wide with 50 stalls, selling a variety of items from clothes, bags, and souvenirs to dishes with typical flavor of Quang Nam. Therefore, this is the good chance for tourists to immerse in the busy market, go shopping like locals and buy some souvenirs such as Thanh Ha pottery, lanterns or silk.
Nguyen Hoang night market - Source: VnExpress
There are some signature Hoi An delicacies which can be named such as: lotus seed sweet soup, freshwater clam with rice cracker, Quang noodles, Vietnamese pizza (banh trang nuong), Cao Lau,… The difference between Nguyen Hoang night market and ones in other cities in Vietnam is colorful lanterns of all sizes hung along streets. If you are lucky, you can enjoy Vietnamese folk art which is “Hat Bai Choi” or visiting Chua Bridge and viewing Hoai river full of floating flower lights at night.
- Location: Nguyen Hoang street, Minh An ward, Hoi An, Quang Nam.
- Opening hours: 5:00 – 11:00 PM everyday.
2 - Lantern Festival - one of the best nightlife in Hoi An
Lantern Festival takes place from 6:00 – 10:00 PM on 14th and 15th every lunar month. This festival is the occasion when Hoi An puts on a new shirt with brilliant and fancifulcolors. You can experience the picturesque ancient space along Hoai river’s banks from An Hoi bridge to Chua bridge. In particular, on the occasion of Mid-Autumn festival, the Lantern Festival becomes much more exciting with different activities such as: street martial arts, Mid-Autumn tray display, lion dance, lantern arts, folk games, street performances...
When joining the Lantern Festival, you should try another interesting activity which is getting your own flower lanterns and floating them on Hoai river. The locals believe that each flower lantern grants our wishes and it makes our dream come true. People sell this lantern a lot with a price from VND 5,000 – 10,000/item (~ $0.21 – 0.43).
If you do not want to stand on the river’s banks to float flower lanterns, you can try another more interesting way which is hiring a boat and sailing to the middle of the river so that you can both drop the lights and watch the sparkling scenery of Hoai river’s banks.
You need to pay VND 30,000 – 50,000/a boat/2-4 people (~ $1.3 – 2) for a 30-minute Hoi An night boat ride. You can easily find the boat service along Hoai river from the Hoi An Japanese Bridge to the Hoi An Bridge.
Note: you can experience boating activity at any time of the month but you only can combine boating and lantern floating on 1st, 14th and 15th of the lunar months.
3 - Bars and Clubs in the centre
Visitors who love the vibrant, youthful life and enjoy exciting music can check one of the following bars and clubs in centre of Hoi An:
Guitar Hawaii Hoi An Live Music Bar
Guitar Hawaii Hoi An Live - Source: Lodyhelp
Music played in this bar originates from many countries. You can join the band immediately if you know how to play a musical instrument because the atmosphere is very friendly, open and the staff are enthusiastic and attentive. The bar serves a lot of drinks such as beer, juice, tea, coffee, wine, dairy drinks or cocktails.
- Location: 80 Luong Nhu Bich Street, Cam Nam Ward, Hoi An
- Opening hours: 8:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Price: VND 20,000 – 105,000/drink (~ $0.86 – 4.52)
- Phone number:+84 935 116 147
Fender Bar Hoi An
At Fender, you can enjoy the pre-war music of Vietnam, gentle ballads or exciting dances, all of which are performed by local singers or by visitors. Especially Mr. Tam – the owner – has a strong passion with Rock, he is willing to do impressive performances. The bar is quite small but the drinks are perfect and is a nice place to feel the vibrant Hoi An night time.
- Location: 15 Thoai Ngoc Hau Street, Minh An Ward, Hoi An
- Opening hours: 6:00 PM – 4:00 AM the next day
- Price: VND 30,000 – 150,000/drink (~ $0.12 – 6.46)
- Phone number: +84 93 511 61 47
Hoang Long club
The music space here is extremely exciting with the presence of hot dancers. This club is also a familiar destination of the local young.
- Location: 328 Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Minh An Ward, Hoi An
- Opening hours: 8:00 PM – 2:00 AM the next day
- Price: VND 50,000 – 500,000/drink or a combo (~ $2.15 – 21.55)
- Phone number: +84 510 395 09 50
4 - Enjoying show “Hoi An Memories”
This is a significant Vietnamese culture artwork, recreating “Hoi An Impression” right in the campus of the theme park. In the park, there are architectural subdivisions which are researched and recreated the look of Hoi An in old time such as: the city gate, the commercial area, Vietnamese village, countryside cuisine, Thien Duc spiritual area, central square, Japanese village and Chinese village so that you can go through the old time of the ancient town. This is considered as one of the best nightlife in Hoi An.
In addition, you can also enjoy other unique art performances such as: Ba Chua Tam Tang (Tam Tang Queen), Princess Ngoc Hoa’s Wedding, Hoi An World and Ruoc Nuoc Mini show. “Hoi An Memories” show has become one of the city's top cultural activities to attract many tourists visiting this ancient town.
- Schedule: from Friday to Sunday every week (detail performing schedules are posted on website: hoianimpression.vn
- Ticket: VND 400,000 – 1,000,000 (~ $17.24 – 43.1)
- Location: Hoi An Impression theme park – Con Hen; Pick-up at boat station number 59, Tran Quang Khai Street, Cam Chau Ward, Hoi An.
5 - Hoi An Old Town food tour by night
When the sun comes down, it is time to explore the distinctive culinary culture of Hoi An. Flavory Quang noodles, hot coffee or chilly cups lotus tea are the options that could not be more suitable. There are some recommended restaurants specializing in local dishes which you should try:
Bep Nhan - Source: Dragne Marius
Bep Nhan is a modest restaurant designed in Hoi An style with typical yellow old walls which is decorated with a lot of lanterns and a straight view to Hoai river. In addition to local dishes such as spring roll, salad, grilled fish, corn sticky rice, you can also enjoy European dishes such as: pizza, pasta, hamburger, french fries,...
- Location: 167 Tran Nhan Tong Street, Cam Chau Ward, Hoi An.
- Opening hours: 12:00 AM – 9:30 PM
- Phone number: +84 90 518 68 67
Street food vendors along Hoai river’s banks
Along Hoai river’s banks are modest vendors with plastic chairs and tables serving plenty of tasty street food such as Vietnamese pizza (banh trang nuong), Cao Lau, fruits, ice cream and Quang noodles.
- Location: along Hoai river’s banks
- Opening hours: 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Price: VND 10,000 – 50,000/dish (~ $0.43 – 2.15)
Banh Mi Phuong
Enjoying a crunchy “Banh Mi” is one of the best things to do in Hoi An at night. This restaurant is quite simple and narrow, but it’s always crowded with guests coming in and out. The menu is very diverse with different options of Vietnamese sandwiches such as pork, chicken, Vietnamese sausage, ham or mung bean sandwiches; and you can choose different kinds of tea for drinks such as lime tea, kumquat tea and pandan tea.
- Location: 2B, Phan Chau Trinh Street, Cam Chau Ward, Hoi An
- Opening hours: 6:30 AM – 9:30 PM
- Price: VND 20,000 – 30,000/1 loaf (~ $0.86 – 1.29)
- Phone number: +84 90 574 37 73
- Note: there is no parking area here
Tam Tam Café
The café strongly impresses guests by its antiquity. The cafe’s walls are painted with typical yellow color and decorated with lanterns; all furniture is made from wood together with yellow lights, all of which make the café cozier and more ancient. The menu is quite varied, you can find popular drinks and dishes such as coffee, bread, cake or snack as well as local dishes like Cao lau and Quang noodles.
- Location: 110 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street/121 Tran Phu Street, Hoi An
- Opening hours: 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Price: VND 40,000 – 330,000 (~ $1.72 – 14.22)
- Phone number: +84 235 386 22 12
The bar is a harmonious combination between the Hoi An ancient space with lovely little lanterns, wooden window frames as well as significant yellow walls and modern colorful lighting system, luxurious leather furniture and lively sound system. This is one attraction which can bring a youthful and vibrant space to quiet ancient Hoi An at night. Besides, Q Bar serves many types of drinks such as wine, liquor, cocktail and Vietnamese beer as well as some snacks like yakitori, gyoza and tempuras.
- Location: 94 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Hoi An
- Opening hours: 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Price: VND 70,000 – 235,000/dish (~ $3.01 – 10.12)
- Phone number: +84 235 3911 964
Mot Hoi An
Despite not being a luxury café, Mot Hoi An still attracts a lot of tourists by serving an unique drink. This café is famous for being environmentally friendly when using paper cups and bamboo straws. Mot Hoi An is decorated with lanterns, double beams, and small bonsai. Herb drinks are typical dishes that make up the café’s brand. In addition, you can order other dishes like Cao lau, pho, banh mi, grilled pork rice noodles or chicken rice.
- Location: 150 Tran Phu Street, Hoi An
- Opening hours: 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Price: VND 12,000 – 30,000/dish (~ $0.51 – 1.29)
- Phone number: +84 90 191 33 99
II - Hoi An nightlife on the beaches
Tourists visiting Hoi An can not only enjoy activities inside the city but also experience Hoi An marine life at night with attractive activities such as coastal bar, night squid fishing, camping and campfire.
1 - Night activities on An Bang beach
An Bang beach at night - Source: Andreas Brücker
An Bang is one of the wildest and most beautiful beaches in Hoi An, it still remains the original peaceful beauty. When the sun comes down, having a coastal dinner should be the most suitable choice. There are some restaurants recommended:
Dinner at The Deck House
This restaurant has a romantic outside area and is decorated with typical blue and white colors that can make your dinner more peaceful and romantic than ever. If you have time, you should come early so that you can enjoy both delicious dinner and a picturesque sunset. The food is very great, the menu is suitable with most of the guests. They are serving: Vietnamese dishes, seafood, Western dishes and tasty drinks.
- Location: An Bang beach, Hoi An
- Opening hours: 6:30 AM – 10:30 PM
- Price: VND 50,000 – 150,000/dish (~ $2.15 – 6.46)
- Phone number: +84 90 565 81 06
Soul Beach Restaurant and Bar Live Music
The restaurant is located right on the beach with native style design with bamboo furniture and characteristic leaf roof. Guests can enjoy dinner while listening to music performed by international and local artists, which has attracted many tourists to come here. The restaurant serves a variety of Western dishes, Asian, Vietnamese and seafood dishes.
- Location: An Bang beach, Cam An Ward, Hoi An.
- Opening hours: 7:30 AM – 11:00 PM
- Price: VND 120,000 – 1,650,000 (~ $5.17 – 71.12)
- Phone number: +84 90 535 73 98
Shore Club An Bang
This is a romantic coastal restaurant with distinctive dark blue tones. From the restaurant view, you can both admire sea sight and enjoy the dinner. The restaurant’s design is characterized by wooden furniture and palm roofs. There are many beautiful corners for taking photos and a small pool for relaxation. The menu is very attractive and the highlights are seafood and Vietnamese dishes.
- Location: An Bang beach, Cam An Ward, Hoi An
- Opening hours: 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Price: VND 350,000 – 1,150,000/dish (~ $15.08 – 49.56)
- Phone number: +84 90 589 21 21
2 - Hoi An nightlife on Cua Dai Beach
For those who love the vibrant, youthful and crowded activities, you can choose to experience nightlife on Cua Dai Beach
Cay Gio Restaurant
Cay Gio restaurant - Source: Milosz_M
This is one of modest restaurants on An Bang beach, you can enjoy both fresh seafood and romantic scenery. All of the guests who used to have meals here commented: beautiful sight, tasty food and reasonable price; in addition, they could swim at any time.
- Location: Cua Dai Beach, Hoi An
- Opening hours: 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Price: VND 70,000 – 200,000/dish (~ $3.01 – 8.62)
- Phone number: +84 90 505 72 81
Hai Long Seafood Restaurant and Bar
What to do in Hoi An at night? You can dine in Hai Long Seafood Restaurant and Bar. The restaurant is located right on Cua Dai Beach with many huts, which offers a sense of privacy. Guests can enjoy the sea at night and enjoy fresh seafood as well as unique drinks. Because of the location, the restaurant can always get fresh food ingredients which mean served dishes are ensured about the freshness but affordable price.
- Location: 8 Lac Long Quan Street, Cua Dai Beach, Hoi An
- Price: VND 50,000 – 250,000 (~ $2.15 – 10.77)
You can move to the suitable waters for squid fishing and night fishing by boat. Then, you can enjoy the result with grilled seafood and porridge. With ages of seafaring experience, boat owners who are locals can accurately identify the areas which are rich in squid and fish.
- Price: VND 500,000/person/tour (~ $21.55)
- Departure time: 5:00 PM and ends at 11:30 PM
- Booking contact: +84 988 171 303
- Responsible company: Cua Dai Cu Lao Cham Marine Fishing Service Company
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Trung0988171303/
In addition to its quiet, ancient and mossy appearance, Hoi An still surprises tourists with a youthful and exciting impression with attractive nightlife activities. Hopefully, with the information that we have just pointed out, you can have a better understanding of nightlife in Hoi An Vietnam.