Ho Chi Minh - the biggest city in Vietnam - has its irresistibly attractivenesses coming from people, culture and cuisine. Coming here, tourists can immerse in a food heaven with hundreds of delicious dishes from several different countries. This list will recommend the best restaurants in Ho Chi Minh city in terms of Vietnamese food and popular foreign food as well.
Source: Mai Nguyen Thanh
Ho Chi Minh City is a top tourist city in Vietnam where people come to experience unique culture, historical sites, dynamic & energetic life space and amazingly diverse cuisine. Thanks to the significant cultural exchange with the Khmer, the Chinese in the past, today Vietnam has a brilliant and unique city of culture and people.
Following the immigrant flow of people, delicious foods also converged here creating the largest culinary center in the country. This is the foundation, along with the rapid development of economy and tourism, leading the flourishing development of restaurants and eateries in Saigon.
I - The best Vietnamese food restaurants in Saigon
1 - High-end Restaurants
Home Finest Saigon: This restaurant has a high-class space with two outdoor & indoor areas, and an aquarium creates the fresh and gentle atmosphere. Inside, many amazing pictures of old Saigon make the restaurant become more attractive. The large campus with many separate spaces will be a great choice for a private meal.
- Address: No. 252 Dien Bien Phu Street, District 3
- Prices: 50,000 - 500,000 VND/ dish (~ $21.5 - 21.6)
- Phone number: 028 3932 2666
- Opening hours: 11:30 A.M - 11:00 P.M daily.
The Chopsticks Saigon: Hidden in the old mansion, the Saigon food restaurant has an unmistakable ancient beauty which is outstanding with Saigon's features in the 90s with curved iron doors, calamus chairs, wooden floors. In front of the restaurant is a courtyard full of trees creating a pleasant atmosphere.
With pure Vietnamese dishes, prepared by the professional hands of top chefs. This place has just kept the quintessence of Vietnamese cuisine, and created special and new flavors at the same time. Delicious dishes that visitors should try when coming here lare fried rice, shrimp roll, fried meat roll, fresh spring roll, etc.
- Address: No.216/4 Dien Bien Phu, Ward 7, District 3
- Prices: 35,000 - 1,800,000 VND/dish (~ $1.5 - 77.6 )
- Phone number: 028 393 22 889
- Opening hours: 10:00 A.M - 10:00 P.M daily.
3 - Famous Saigon night restaurants
Anan Saigon Restaurant & Rooftop Bar: The name Anan comes from the phrase "eat and eat", which means "ăn ăn" in Vietnamese. The restaurant specialises in serving Vietnamese dishes - especially street food with delicious flavours. The design of the restaurant is simple yet impressive with dynamic and youthful decoration. You can both enjoy delicious food and admire the view of nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City with bright street lights. Every dish has a delicious, fancy and unique taste, especially when being prepared by the chef Peter Cuong Franklin’s talented hands.
- Address: No. 89 Ton That Dam Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- Prices: 145,000 - 355,000 VND/dish (~ $6.3 - 15.3)
- Phone number: 0904 79 29 20
- Opening hours: 17:00 - 0:00 (Tuesday - Sunday)
Noir - Dining in the Dark: Noir is a unique and good restaurant in Saigon Vietnam that offers guests a new way of dining - dining in the dark. This enhances the feeling of taste-smell-touch and hearing. Hence, most diners feel that this way of enjoying helps them feel the dish’s full taste without being affected too much by the external appearance or what happens around them. This way is not only about filling the stomach, it is a new and unique experience.
- Address: 178 - 180D Lane, Hai Ba Trung Street, Da Kao Ward, District 1
- Prices: 520,000 - 590,000 VND/ set menu/ person (~ $22.4 - 25.4)
- Phone number: 028 6263 2525
- Opening hours: 11:30 - 14:30 and 17:30 - 23:00 daily
4 - Pho soup restaurants
Hòa Pasteur Saigon Pho soup - a famous restaurant in Saigon for Pho soup
Pho is prepared by over 20-year experienced chefs. The broth cooked from beef bone is light, sweet and not so greasy. The side dish includes bagel twists, herbs, bean sprouts and chilli sauce. The soft rice noodles dipping into the rich broth, along with different types of beef and herbs creating a perfect flavor.
- Address: No. 260C, Pasteur Street, Ward 8, District 3
- Prices: 79,000 - 90,000 VND/bowl (~ $3.4 - 3.9).
- Opening hours: 5:00 A.M - 11:30 P.M daily.
Le Pho soup (Phở Lệ): One over 50 years of serving southern-taste Pho soup restaurant in Saigon. With some stainless steel tables and a few red plastic chairs, the restaurant's space is very simple, clean and airy.
+ No.413 - 415 Nguyen Trai Street, Ward 7, District 5
+ No.303 - 305 Vo Van Tan Street, Ward 5, District 3
- Prices: 60,000 - 75,000 VND/bowl (~ $2.6 - 3.2)
- Phone number: 0283 9234 008/0283 8344 486
- Opening hours: 6 A.M - 1 P.M daily.
Taste of Saigon:
The Taste of Saigon Vietnam restaurant is not only famous for Pho but the restaurant is also well-known for serving many other delicious Vietnamese dishes such as rice with drumstick chicken, mixed soya noodles, spring rolls, pickled eggplant fruit, etc. The restaurant's space is simply designed in a modern style, not too sophisticated, but brings guests the most comfortable spot. Here guests can enjoy delicious food, learn about Vietnamese cuisine.
- Address: Park 4 - SH03, Vinhomes Central Park, 208 Nguyen Huu Canh, Ward 22, Binh Thanh District
- Prices: 20,000 - 190,000 VND/dish (~ $0.9 - 8.2)
- Opening hours: 8:00 - 21:00 daily.
5 - Romantic space restaurants in Saigon
Square One: Square One's cuisine is the perfect blend of the quintessence of French and Vietnamese culinary. The yellow lights and the basic fuzzy brown-orange furniture to create a romantic and cozy space.
- Address: Park Hyatt Hotel Mezzanine, No.2 Cong Truong Lam Son Street, District 1
- Prices: 90,000 - 2,990,000 VND/dish (~ $3.9 - 129)
- Phone number: 028 3824 1234
- Opening hours:
+ Lunch: 11:00 - 13:30 (Sunday - Friday)
+ Saturday brunch: 12:00 - 15:00
+ Dinner: 18:00 - 22:30.
Vietnam House Restaurant:
Another romantic restaurant Saigon which was founded by Chef Luke Nguyen - an Australian star chef. The dishes at this restaurant are highly appreciated by its delicious taste and lovely decoration. The restaurant's design is exceptionally luxurious, unique with expensive furnishings.
- Address: No. 93 - 95 - 97 Dong Khoi Street, District 1
- Prices: 178.00 - 268,000 VND/dish (~ $7.7 - 11.5)
- Phone number: 028 3822 2226
- Opening hours: 11:30 - 15:00 and 17:30 - 23:00
6 - Saigon restaurants with the breathtaking view
Saigon Grill - Top Restaurant:
The restaurant has open-space design with simple decor, gently harmonizing with nature for you to enjoy delicious dishes while watching the blue sky and clouds, watching the busy Saigon from above. Restaurant menu of grilled dishes varies from beef, chicken, seafood, ostrich, wild boar.
- Address: Rooftop of Saigon Royal Building, 91 Pasteur Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- Phone number: 091 6662 26 62
- Prices: 150,000 - 330,000 VND/dish (~ $6.5 - 14)
- Opening hours: 16:30 - 22:30 daily
Signature Restaurant in Saigon:
Located in Sheraton Saigon Hotel with luxurious space, classic and romantic design style, this is the perfect place to enjoy delicious dishes from Asian and European cuisine and experience the high-end quality of service. The most outstanding dishes of Signature restaurant are steak, cakes, grilled snails.
- Address:Sheraton Saigon Hotel, 88 Dong Khoi Street, District 1
- Phone number: 028 3727 2828
- Prices: 325,000 - 1,750,000 VND/dish (~ $14 - 75.4)
- Opening hours: 18:00 - 22:00 daily.
II - Saigon restaurants with foreign cuisine
1 - French cuisine restaurants
Le Corto Saigon:
This French restaurant has a simple design, with a romantic countryside atmosphere. The dishes here are prepared directly by French chefs to ensure the original taste of food. Here is one of the perfect places for a romantic dinner.
- Address: No.5D, Nguyen Sieu Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- Phone number: 028 3822 0671
- Prices: 150,000 - 1,000,000 VND/item (~ $6.5- 43)
- Opening hours: 11:00 - 22:30 daily
La Villa French Restaurant by Thierry Mounon:
One of the best french restaurants in Saigon Vietnam which is considered as the "spiritual child" of a famous French chef - Chef Thierry. His love for Asian nature and people in Vietnam motivated him to create dishes with unique and delicious flavors. Because the entire restaurant is located in a unique old French villa, the dining area is quite spacious and luxurious.
- Address: No. 14, Ngo Quang Huy Street, Thao Dien Ward, District 2
- Phone number: 028 3898 2082
- Prices: 500,000 - 2,200,000 VND/dish (~ $22 - 95)
- Opening hours: 11:00 - 16:00 and 18:30 - 21:30 daily
2 - Italian cuisine restaurants in Ho Chi Minh city
NAMO Italian Restaurant:
One of the restaurants specialising in Italian cuisine has the Italian people’s inherent taste and passion in every dish. The dishes that resonate with the restaurant’s diners include Napoli pizza, pasta, ham, etc. Each ingredient used in the dishes is carefully selected and imported from Italy, meticulously prepared by experienced Italian chefs.
- Address: No. 74/6 Hai Ba Trung Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- Phone number: 028 3822 7988
- Prices: 100,000 - 400,000 VND/dish (~ $4.3 - 17)
- Opening hours: 11:00 - 14:00 and 18:00 - 22:00 daily.
Small and cozy space with a simple design, but the taste of this Italian Saigon restaurant's food is extremely unique. Under the talented hands of experienced chefs from Italy, Ciao Bella brings great culinary experiences to diners. The delicious dishes that customers should try when coming here include pasta, cakes, pizza, etc.
- Address: No. 11 Dong Du Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- Phone number: 028 3822 3329
- Prices: 50,000 - 275,000 VND/dish (~ $2.2 - 12)
- Opening hours: 10:00 - 23:00
For those who love the taste of Italian pizza and would like to savour this dish with Vietnamese ingredients, you can choose to dine at the pizza chain of brands like Domino's Pizza, Pizza Hut, Pizza 4P, etc. The popular pizza restaurant chains in Ho Chi Minh City are Domino’s Pizza, Pizza Hut and Pizza 4P.
3 - Chinese cuisine Saigon restaurants
Li Bai Restaurant:
Li Bai Restaurant is a perfect place to enjoy Chinese cuisine. The restaurant is decorated in a Chinese style with a shared dining area and private rooms. The restaurant's famous dishes are dumplings, fish porridge, steamed pork ribs with garlic fish sauce, rice paper rolls with shrimp, etc.
- Address: 2nd Floor, Sheraton Saigon Hotel, No.88 Dong Khoi Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- Phone number: 028 3827 2828
- Prices: 500,000 - 1,000,000 VND/dish (~ $22 - 43)
- Opening hours: 11:00 - 14:30 and 18:00 - 22:00 daily.
Lai - Cantonese Restaurant:
Lai - Cantonese Restaurant in Saigon center impresses guests with a modern design blended with traditional Chinese patterns creating a luxurious ambience. The Contonese recipes are cleverly combined with contemporary ingredients with modern cooking methods, creating extremely unique Cantonese dishes.
The luxurious space and diverse dishes from Yunnan, Xinjiang and Contonese cuisine for vegetarian & non-vegetarian guests will be an amazing experience.
- Address: 28th Floor, Sedona Suite, 92 - 94 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- Phone number: 1800 234579
- Prices: 150,000 - 1,500,000 VND/dish (~ $6.5 - 65)
- Opening hours: 11:30 - 14:00 and 18:00 - 23:00 daily.
4 - Japanese cuisine restaurants
Sushi Restaurant - Sushi Rei restaurant in Ho Chi Minh city:
The menu includes delicious and premium sushi dishes which are prepared on the counter under the chef's talented hands. The restaurant's space, designed by Japanese architect Joe Chikamori, brings to mind a Japanese style restaurant with lanterns, wooden tables and chairs, and even dishes and cups that exude Japanese culture.
- Address: No.10E1, Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Dakao Ward, District 3
- Phone number: 078 999 0329
- Prices: 2,500,000 - 4,000,000 VND/dinner menu (~ $108 - 172)
- Opening hours: 17:30 - 22:00 every Tuesday - Sunday (Monday is closed)
Towa - Japanese Cuisine:
Guests who want to enjoy fresh sushi with a true Japanese taste cannot miss Towa-Japanese cuisine. The Saigon restaurant has a private outdoor & indoor dining area with typical wooden partitions with the panoramic view of the sparkling city.
The professional chefs with exclusive recipes and the finest ingredients imported directly from Japan seafood market bring to guest’s the most elegant & authentic dishes and exciting experience as well.
- Address: 28th Floor, Sedona Suite, 92-94 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- Prices: 50,000 - 500,000 VND/dish (~ $2.15 - 22)
- Opening hours: 11:30 - 14:00 and 18:00 - 23:00 daily.
This is an ideal restaurant in Saigon for vegetarian diners or on a diet or an eat-clean experience. At Poke, the harmonious harmony of Hawaiian culture with the freshness of Japanese cuisine is amazingly blended with most of the dishes are made from fresh and healthy ingredients such as brown rice, vegetables, fruits, seafood,..
- Address: 2nd floor, No.42, Nguyen Hue street, Ben Nghe ward, District 1
- Phone number: 090 247 43 88
- Prices: 140,000 - 200,000 VND/dish (~ $6.03 - 8.6)
- Opening hours: 10:00 - 21:00 daily.
5 - Good restaurants in Saigon for Indian cuisine
Bollywood Indian Restaurant & Bar:
Guests can notice a distinct "Indian" style right from the entrance. For those who adore or would like to try Indian food, Bollywood Indian Restaurant & Bar is a great choice. Not just regarding the meal, here, guests have the opportunity to get closer to Indian culture through the way they enjoy food or the decoration of the dish, etc. Some suggestions for guests to order when they come here like: Chicken Tikka Biryani, Papadam fried, Paneer green salad, etc.
- Address: No. 207 Bui Vien Street, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1
- Prices: 15,000 - 200,000 VND/dish (~ $0.6 - 8.6).
- Opening hours: 10:30 - 24:00 daily.
The Baba’s Kitchen Saigon restaurant is famous for its Indian cuisine with curry dishes, spring rolls, mixed rice, etc. Most diners are very enthusiastic about the taste of food at the restaurant, the standard flavour of "India" has conquered lots of guests. In addition, the price of food here is also quite affordable, with the cheerful staff creating a comfortable and cosy atmosphere. The restaurant still prepares knives, forks and spoons for the diners who are not used to eating by hand.
- Address: No. 274 Bui Vien Street, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1
- Prices: 55,000 - 110,000 VND (~ $2.4 - 4.7)
- Opening hours: 11:00 - 22:30 daily.
Source: Patrick Le
This is a small Indian restaurant in Saigon with simple architecture on Pham Hong Thai Street. The restaurant is well-known for its delicious Indian, Vietnamese and Malaysian dishes. In particular, the food here is often presented on a banana leaf rather than on plates, which gives customers a sense of closeness to nature and feeling traced back to Indian traditional food serving. Banana Leaf is one of the ideal places for vegetarians and guests who want to try Indian food in Saigon.
- Address: No. 46/06 Pham Hong Thai Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1
- Prices: 20,000 - 200,000 VND/dish (~ $0.9 - 8.6)
- Opening hours: 16:00 - 22:00 daily.
IV - The dish specialized Ho Chi Minh city restaurants
1 - Steak restaurants
El Gaucho Steakhouse Saigon:
Diners' food feelings are enhanced when they come to a modern and airy restaurant environment. Here, diners can choose either an indoor or an outdoor area that is also very fascinating. El Gaucho Steakhouse Saigon serves delicious steaks made from naturally raised meat in New Zealand’ farms. Some excellent dishes that guests should try here like tenderloin steak, beef steak, bread, salmon, etc.
- Address: No. 74/1 Hai Ba Trung Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- Prices: 500,000 - 1,500,000 VND/dish (~ $22 - 65)
- Opening hours: 11:00 - 23:30 daily.
B3 Steakhouse & Craft beer restaurant:
Source: Raphael Nogueira
If you want to enjoy delicious steak restaurants in Saigon, do not miss B3 Steakhouse & Craft Beer Restaurant. This is a European cuisine & steak restaurant that is favorable for its delicious taste and unique texture of the dishes. Restaurant space is designed quite simply with main colors of brown and dark red. The restaurant's signature dishes include steak, pasta, salad, mashed potatoes,..
- Address: 1st floor, No. 90 Nguyen Hue Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- Phone number: 0365 199 846
- Food prices: 50,000 - 500,000 VND/dish (~ $2.2 - 22)
- Opening hours: 15:00 - 23:00 daily.
2 - Famous BBQ Saigon restaurants
Rơm BBQ - Rooftop Barbecue:
Located on the rooftop of Thanh The Plaza building, the restaurant is designed in a modern, youthful style. In particular, each grilled dish is cooked with rice straws to keep it juicy & more flavorful. The top recommended dishes are grilled beef with cheese, bacon roll with salmon, Sichuan beef salad, beef roll with piper lolot, etc. The restaurant is a preferred place for couples and families.
- Address: No.2 - 4 - 6 Luu Van Lang Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1
- Phone: 028 3822 0060
- Prices: 250,000 - 280,000 VND/dish (~ $11 - 12)
- Opening hours: 15:00 - 23:00 daily.
3 - Burger restaurants in Ho Chi Minh city
Marcel Gourmet Burger:
Marcel Gourmet Burger serves burgers with a variety of flavours, stimuli and ingredients. Besides the burgers, diners can enjoy other tasty food such as french fries, cakes, fried squid, etc.
- Address: No. 132 Calmette Street, Nguyen Thai Binh Ward, District 1
- Prices: 25.000 - 220,000 VND/dish (~ $1.1 - 9.5)
- Opening hours: 12:00 - 22:00 daily.
This restaurant near Ben Thanh market is not only famous for its delicious and giant burger with many layers, but it also impresses guests with its youthful, airy space with an outdoor balcony. Other dishes are hotdog, bacon, french fries, salad, etc.
- Address: 1st Floor, No. 4, Phan Boi Chau Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1
- Prices: 50,000 - 500,000 VND/dish (~ $2.2 - 21.6)
- Opening hours: 11:30 - 21:00 daily.
4 - Vegetarian food restaurants in Saigon
Shamballa Vegetarian, Restaurant & Tea House:
Source: Victoria Shes
The restaurant specializes in vegetarian dishes with a unique space of two seating areas: indoor and outdoor that harmoniously combines colors, art space and trees. Each dish here is carefully prepared, beautifully decorated & displayed. Some of the popular dishes with diners include three-layered tofu, avocado egg rolls, mushroom in ground roasted rice, lotus seeds egg rolls, cheese-sprinkled lotus roots, pan-seared Tofu, lotus seeds egg rolls, etc.
- Address: No. 17-19 Trinh Van Can Street, Ong Lanh bridge Ward, District 1
- Prices: 50,000 - 500,000 VND/dish (~ $2.2 - 21.5)
- Opening hours: 10:00 A.M - 8:00 P.M daily.
At Hum Vegetarian, guests find a quiet, fresh space in the heart of hectic Saigon. This Saigon restaurant's space is entirely Vietnamese design, with typical tiled roofs, gardens, and wooden furniture. The dishes here are made from fresh, healthy ingredients. Coming here, the diners will be able to immerse themselves in a wonderful symphony of vegetarian food and peaceful atmosphere. Some of the restaurant's unique dishes, such as Lotus tuber in sesame salt, Ground roasted rice roll - ‘Diep’ roll, Square deep-fried spring rolls, signature Salads, Que Son tapioca noodle in spicy sauce, sour soup, fried rice.
- Address: No. 32 Vo Van Tan Street, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
- Prices: 100,000 - 300,000 VND/dish (~ $4.3 - 13)
- Opening hours: 10:00 - 22:00 daily.
5 - Buffet Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh
Saigon Palace Restaurant - Breakfast Buffet:
The restaurant is luxurious and spacious with the 4-star standard. The dishes served are also quite varied in Asian and European styles.
- Address: 2nd Floor, Grand Hotel Saigon, No. 8 Dong Khoi Street, District 1
- Prices: 200,000 - 450,000 VND/person (~ $8.6 - 19.4)
- Opening hours: 6:00 - 9:30 (Monday - Friday) | 6:00 - 10:00 (Saturday - Sunday)
Hoang Yen Buffet:
Hoang Yen Buffet Restaurant chain serves delicious three region Vietnamese dishes with full flavours from North to South. The restaurant architecture is designed simply but still ensures elegance with the main colour being light yellow, combined with bamboo materials and lighting systems in harmony.
- Address: 8 restaurants of Hoang Yen buffet chain https://hoangyenbuffet.com
- Prices: 245.000 - 375.000 VND/person (~ $10.6 - 16.2)
- Opening hours: 11:00 - 14:30 & 18:00 - 10:00
6 - Halal Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh city
The Daun Restaurant:
It is not only famous for its delectable Halal dishes, but it also reminds diners of delicious Vietnamese, Singaporean, and Malaysian cuisine. The restaurant is simply designed with white walls bringing a cosy and relaxing ambience. The tasty dishes that diners should try include beef noodle soup, stir-fried beef with Pergularia minor Andr, Vietnamese pancakes, roasted shrimp with coconut water, etc.
- Address: No. 31 Dong Du Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Prices: 50,000 - 330,000 VND/dish (~ $1.7 - 13)
- Opening hours: 10:00 - 22:00 daily.
Halal Saigon restaurant:
The restaurant is simply designed with two parallel rows of tables and adorned with red tones. The dishes that receive a lot of "love" from restaurant diners can be mentioned as hot pot, rolls, jumbo coconut rice, stir-fried shaky beef with potatoes, stir-fried chicken with ginger.
- Address: No. 31 Dong Du Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Prices: 50,000 - 330,000 VND/dish (~ $2.2 - 14.2)
- Opening hours: 10:00 - 22:00
Enjoying food and cuisine is the key to opening the door of cultural experience and understanding. Hopefully, with the information that we just suggested about the restaurant system in Ho Chi Minh City, you can have more options for nice dining.