Tan Son Nhat Airport is designed to meet the capacity of 28 million passengers per year but the recorded passenger number in 2018 increased to 38 million people. Covering an area of 850 ha, this is the largest airport in Vietnam. The airport area includes passenger ports, cargo ports, airline routes, parking lots,...
- Official name: Tan Son Nhat International Airport
- Location: Truong Son Street, Ward 2, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City
- IATA code: SGN
- ICAO code: VVTS
Departure lounge - Source: Zing
I - How to get from Ho Chi Minh City to airport?
Ho Chi Minh Airport is located at Truong Son Street, Ward 2, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City. Buses are available for traveling from Ho Chi Minh City Center to this airport:
- Departure place: 23-9 Park - No.107, Pham Ngu Lao Street, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City - 7.5km from Tan Son Nhat Airport
- Frequency: 15 - 20 minutes/ trip from 5:30am to 1am
- Ticket price: 20.000 VND / person ($0.88) for more than 5km
- Bus route: 23-9 Park - International Terminal.
- Departure place: Trung Son Residential area - No.10, 9A Street, Binh Hung Commune, Binh Chanh District, Ho Chi Minh city - 11km from Sgn Airport
- Frequency: 12 - 17 minutes / trip
- Operating hour: 6am - 6pm
- Ticket price: 7,000 VND / person ($0.31)
- Route: Bus station at the end of No.10, 9A Street Street - Ho Chi Minh International Airport
- Departure place: Mien Tay Bus station - No.395, Kinh Duong Vuong Street, An Lac Ward, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh city - 11km from Tan Son Nhat International Airport
- Frequency: 15 to 30 minutes / trip
- Operating hour: 4am - 9pm
- Ticket price:
+ 12.000 VND / person ($0.53) for less than 5km
+ 20.000 VND / person ($0.88) for more than 5km
- Route: Mien Tay Bus station - International Terminal.
More information on the route can be referred to: https://map.busmap.vn/hcm
II - Ho Chi Minh Airport flight status: departures and arrivals
Source: Hanson Lu
Most popular international & domestic airports having arrive - departure flights from Tan Son Nhat Airport:
|Airport - Province/City||Airline companies|
|Noi Bai International Airport - Hanoi city||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Danang International Airport - Da Nang city||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Phu Quoc International Airport - Phu Quoc island||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Vinh International Airport - Nghe An province||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Tho Xuan Airport - Thanh Hoa province||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Cat Bi International Airport - Hai Phong city||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Lien Khuong Airport - Da Lat city||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Cam Ranh International Airport - Nha Trang city||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Phu Bai International Airport - Hue city||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Chu Lai Airport - Quang Nam Province||Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Con Son Airport - Con Dao island||Vietnam Airlines|
|Dong Hoi Airport - Quang Binh province||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Buon Ma Thuot Airport - Daklak province||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Pleiku Airport - Gia Lai province||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Tuy Hoa Airport - Phu Yen province||Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Van Don Airport - Quang Ninh province||Bamboo Airways; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Ca Mau Airport - Ca Mau province||Vietnam Airlines|
|Rach Gia Airport - Kien Giang||Vietnam Airlines|
|Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang, Chiang Rai, Phuket International Airport - Thailand||Nok Air; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines; Thai AirAsia; Thai Airways International|
|Singapore International Airport||Singapore|
For more details, you can visit: https://www.vietnamairport.vn/tansonnhatairport/en/
III - Services at the Ho Chi Minh Aiport
1 - VIP lounges
Vip lounge - Source: Internet
Tan Son Nhat Airport has two terminals, the Domestic Terminal and International Terminal. Each of them has its own building with separate sections for domestic and international services. There are a total of 7 VIP lounges for passengers, including:
- Lotus Lounge: 1st floor, near departure gate No.1 - 2
- Le Saigonnais: 2nd floor, opposite departure gate No.14
+ Services: Wi-Fi, TV, snacks, magazines and newspapers, internet terminals, drinks...
+ Price: 450,000 VND / person / 3 hours using service ($19.82)
+ Serving time: from 04:30 am to the last flight.
Ho Chi Minh Airport lounges at International Terminal
- Le Saigonnais: 3rd floor, near the stairs to gate No.18 - 20
- Lotus 1 Lounge: 3rd floor, near the stairs to gate No.18 - 20
- Lotus 2 Lounge: 2nd floor, near departure gate No.18
- Rose Lounge: 2nd floor, near departure gate No.8 - 9
- Apricot Lounge: 1st floor, near departure gate No.17
+ Services: Food, printers, copiers, magazines, showers, internet terminals, snacks, Wi-Fi,...
+ Price: 1,000,000 VND / person / 4 hours using service ($44)
2 - Food in Ho Chi Minh Aiport to try
Food and beverages are quite diversified from Pho to sweet cakes and fast food. A number of famous restaurants in the Airport that are recommended by passengers are:
The Phoenix Restaurant (Hall A, Domestic Terminal)
This restaurant in Tan Son Nhat Aiport has a capacity of 250 guests with airy space and serves a variety of dishes of Australian beef, tail rice noodles, lotus seed stewed chicken soup, dumplings with strawberry sauce, Singapore frog porridge,...
Hoa Mai - Apricot Restaurant (Gate 15, Domestic Terminal)
The restaurant in Ho Chi Minh Airport has a commodious space, eye-catching design, serving famous Vietnamese dishes such as beef rice noodles, chicken rice noodles, braised meat with rice, braised fish,...
Pho Cho Restaurant (Gate 15, Domestic Terminal)
A bold oriental design with elegant colors serves Western - Asian cuisine with famous dishes such as char siu rice, Hoi An chicken rice, Quang noodles, Nem, or ham sandwiches.
84 Cafe (In both Domestic and International Terminals)
This cafe shop in Sgn Aiport serves many kinds of tasty beverages including iced milk coffee, bubble tea, green tea, latte, and so on.
You may concern: List of International Airports in Vietnam
3 - Shopping in Ho Chi Minh Airport
Duty-Free has more than 20 booths that can be found at various locations throughout the Airport with 10 main groups of items and 12,000 products. Goods are diverse from food to clothes, jewelry, cosmetics, perfumes, coming from high-end reputable Vietnamese and global brands as well. In the airport in Ho Chi Minh City, you can freely purchase goods from brands such as:
- Food / Confectionery / Chocolate: Cadbury, Belgian, Chupa Chups, Lindt, M&M, Kinder, Haribo, Hershey, Guylian, Droste…
- Fashion / Accessories / Jewelry: Diesel, Victoria’s Secret, Michael Kors, Mont Blanc, Coach, Ray•ban, Salvatore Ferragamo, Emporio Armani, Guess, Armani Exchange…
- Cosmetics: Givenchy, Chanel, Shiseido, Estée Lauder, Biotherm, Clinique, Loccitane, Loreal, Clarins, Laneige…
- Perfume: Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, Lancôme, Marc Jacobs, Chanel, Bvlgari, Christian Dior, Burberry, Arden, Ralph Lauren…
4 - Technology services
Ho Chi Minh Airport sim card
Sim card service - Source: Magnet.me
The SIM card service counter is placed in Column No.7 - International Departure Terminal with a wide range of domestic mobile network operators for different prices. Tourists are advised to ask counselors at the counter to choose the best suitable package for them. Another choice is to use an international SIM card with many promotions.
Ho Chi Minh Airport wifi
- Wifi is freely available in both 2 terminals, open 24/24.
- ID: FreeWifi TanSonNhat AirPort.
5 - Visa entry services
You can process the immigration procedures, visa stamped right behind the entry lobby of the international airport. You are instructed about the procedures and payments by the instruction staff in Tan Son Nhat Airport.
6 - Luggage packing service
Luggage packing service at the Domestic Terminal is located near the door D2, adjacent to the escalator of the departure door, or opposite to the sequence of A&B procedure counters. Meanwhile, the Luggage packing service at the International Terminal has 2 locations near entrances D1 and D2. Service fees range from 80,000 - 100,000 VND/ time ($3.4 - 4.3) depending on the sizes of luggage.
7 - Transportation services
You can choose among 3 means of transportations from Ho Chi Minh Airport to the city center:
The Apps of the most popular ride-hailing taxi companies of Grab, Be, Gojek is available in Google Store, App Store.
Getting to the city center by traditional taxi:
- Some taxi brands:
+ Sai Gon Taxi: 08.38.42.42.42
+ Ben Thanh Taxi: 08.38.422.422
+ Vinasun Taxi: 08.38.46.46.46
+ Mai Linh Taxi: 08.38.38.38.38
- Cost of taxi in Ho Chi Minh airport:
+ From Saigon airport to District 1: 150,000 - 170,000 VND / way ($6.6 - 7.48)
+ Airport surcharge: 10,000 VND / trip ($0.44) departing from inside the Airport
+ Common fare to city center: 300,000 VND ($13.2), including all tolls.
Getting to the city center by shuttle bus
- Yellow bus No.109 (Service provider: Southern Airport Transportation Joint Stock Company - SATSCO)
- Green bus No.152 (Service provider: Ho Chi Minh City Transport Cooperative Union)
8 - Other services at Ho Chi Minh Airport
There are lots of other great services passengers need to know:
Sleep Box is on Floor 2, International Terminal (near gate No.27). The Box is designed with small but comfortable and fully-equipped interiors. Passengers are served cold towels and free water during massages time. The service fee is charged $7/person/hour, children below 5 years old are free, accompanied by an adult. (Note: This area is only served for those having International Departure flights from Tan Son Nhat Airport).
Ho Chi Minh Airport massage service
After a long-haul flight, a massage & spa service is an ideal choice for you. The average service time is from 30 to 150 minutes, including available services such as shampooing-hair drying, shoulder and nape massage, foot and full body massage. The service fee is charged from 140,000 VND/ adult ($6.03).
- Location: Commercial area, Domestic Terminal garage, Tan Son Nhat International Airport.
- Operating time: 10am - 7pm (reservation and appointment punctuation is preferred)
Bathing area in Tan Son Nhat Airport
There is 1 bathing area in the Apricot Business Lounge at the International Departure Terminal. This is the accompanying service package provided by the lounge, in addition to other services such as massage, television, shoe shining machine, bathroom, wifi,...
IV - Ho Chi Minh Airport accommodation
Some accommodations closed to Tan Son Nhat Airport are suggested below:
Ibis Hotel - Source: Agoda
Ibis Hotel - Saigon airport
This hotel has bright color tones, bringing a comfortable feeling. There has been an outdoor swimming pool, restaurants, and entertainment area,... provided their best for your accommodation demands.
- Address: No.2 Hong Ha Street, Ward 2, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City - 350m from Tan Son Nhat International Airport
- Room rate: 1,200,000 - 3,000,000 VND / night ($51.7 - 129.3)
- Contact: 08.3848 5556
Havana Airport Hotel
Located 600 meters from Ho Chi Minh International Airport, this hotel has a simple yet exciting and youthful design. Moreover, it opens a unique rooftop cafe for its customers.
- Address: No.25/17 Cuu Long Street, Ward 2, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh city.
- Room rate: 500,000 - 1,300,000 VND / night ($21.6 - 56)
- Contact: 08 6269 1888
Mars & Venus Hotel
The hotel is about 590 meters from Tan Son Nhat Airport, which has a simple wooden design creating a cozy atmosphere for those who come in. Room space is not very large but fully equipped with all necessary amenities. The hotel also has a rooftop cafe where you can contemplate the panorama view of the city.
- Address: No.25/22 Cuu Long Street, Ward 2, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh city.
- Room rate: 400,000 - 800,000 VND / night ($17.2 - 34.5)
- Contact: 08 6651 3089
V - Ho Chi Minh Airport Map
All information about the services of Ho Chi Minh Airport or Tan Son Nhat International Airport is hoped to be useful to you.
People also asked:
1 - How many airports in Ho Chi Minh City?
There is only one airport in Ho Chi Minh City, namely Tan Son Nhat Airport
2 - Is Tan Son Nhat Airport the biggest airport in Vietnam?
Yes, it is