I - How to get from Ho Chi Minh City to airport?
Tan Son Nhat International Airport is situated in Truong Son Street, Ward 2, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City. The airport is designed to meet the capacity of 28 million passengers per year but the recorded passenger number in 2018 increased to 38 million people. The airport area includes passenger port, cargo port, airline routes, parking lots,... a total of 850 ha.
Buses are available for traveling from Ho Chi Minh City Center to here:
Bus No. 109
- Department place: 23/9 Park (No. 107, Pham Ngu Lao Street, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh city)
- Frequency: 15 to 20 minutes/ trip
- Operating hour: 5.30 am to 1.00 am
- Ticket price: 12.000 VND/ person/ for the less than 5 kilometers length (~$0,51) and 20.000 VND/ person/ for more than 5 kilometers length.
- Bus route: 23/9 Park - International Terminal.
Bus No. 152
- Department place: Trung Son Residential area (No. 10, 9A Street, Trung Son Residential area, Binh Hung Commune, Binh Chanh, Ho Chi Minh city).
- Frequency: 12 to 17 minutes/ trip
- Operating hour: 6.00 am to 6.00 pm
- Ticket price: 7.000 VND/ person/ course (~$0,3)
- Route: Bus station at the end of No. 10 Street, Trung Son Residential area - Tan Son Nhat International Airport
Bus No. 119
- Department place: Western Bus station (No. 395, Kinh Duong Vuong Street, An Lac Ward, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh city)
- Frequency: 15 to 30 minutes/ trip
- Operating hour: 4.00 am to 9.00 pm
- Ticket price: 12.000 VND/ person/ course smaller than 5 kilometers (~$0,51) and 20.000 VND/ person/ course more than 5 kilometers.
- Route: Western Bus station - International Arrival Terminal.
More information on the route can be referred in: https://map.busmap.vn/hcm
II - Ho Chi Minh Airport flight status: departures and arrivals
Source: Hanson Lu
Most popular international & domestic airports having arriving - departing flights from Tan Son Nhat Airport:
|Airport - Province/City||Airline companies|
|Noi Bai International Airport - Hanoi city||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Danang International Airport - Da Nang city||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Phu Quoc International Airport - Phu Quoc island||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Vinh International Airport - Nghe An province||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Tho Xuan Airport - Thanh Hoa province||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Cat Bi International Airport - Hai Phong city||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Lien Khuong Airport - Da Lat city||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Cam Ranh International Airport - Nha Trang city||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Phu Bai International Airport - Hue city||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Chu Lai Airport - Quang Nam Province||Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Con Son Airport - Con Dao island||Vietnam Airlines|
|Dong Hoi Airport - Quang Binh province||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Buon Ma Thuot Airport - Daklak province||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Pleiku Airport - Gia Lai province||Bamboo Airways; Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Tuy Hoa Airport - Phu Yen province||Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Van Don Airport - Quang Ninh province||Bamboo Airways; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines|
|Ca Mau Airport - Ca Mau province||Vietnam Airlines|
|Rach Gia Airport - Kien Giang||Vietnam Airlines|
|Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang, Chiang Rai, Phuket International Airport - Thailand||Nok Air; Vietjet Air; Vietnam Airlines; Thai AirAsia; Thai Airways International|
|Singapore International Airport||Singapore|
For more details, you can visit: https://www.vietnamairport.vn/tansonnhatairport/en/
III - Services at the airport in Ho Chi Minh city
1 - VIP lounges
Vip lounge - Source: Internet
There are a total of 8 VIP lounges for passengers, especially:
- Lotus Lounge: near departure gate No. 2
- Le Saigonnais: near departure gate No. 14
Price: $19,4/ person/ 3 hours using service
- Lotus Lounge: Floor 3
- Le Saigonnais: Floor 3
- Rose Lounge: Floor 2, corridor of departure door No. 9
- Orchid Lounge: Floor 2, corridor of departure door No.16
- Apricot Lounge: Floor 2, corridor of departure door No. 17
- Lotus Lounge 2: Floor 2, corridor of departure door No. 18
Price: $43/ person/ 4 hours using service
2 - Ho Chi Minh Airport food
Food and beverages are quite diversified from Pho (rice noodles) to sweet cakes and fast food. A number of famous restaurants recommended by passengers are:
The Phoenix Restaurant
This restaurant has a capacity of 250 guests with airy space and serves a varity of dishes of Australian beef, tail rice noodles, lotus seed stewed chicken soup, dumplings with strawberry sauce, Singaporean frog porridge,...
Hoa Mai Restaurant
The restaurant in Ho Chi Minh Airport has a commodious space, eye-catching design, serving famous Vietnamese dishes such as: beef rice noodles, chicken rice noodles, braised meat with rice, braised fish,...
Pho Cho Restaurant
A bold oriental design with elegant colors serves Western - Asian cuisine with famous dishes such as char siu rice, Hainan chicken rice, Quang noodles, Nem or ham sandwich.
This cafe shop serves many kinds of tasty beverages including iced milk coffee, bubble tea, green tea, latte.
3 - Ho Chi Minh Airport shopping
You can freely purchase duty - free goods in Duty Free stores with more than 20 booths, 10 main groups of items and 12.000 products. Goods are diverse from food to clothes, jewelries, cosmetics, perfumes, coming from high-end reputable Vietnamese and global brands as well.
4 - Ho Chi minh Airport sim card
The SIM card service counter is placed in Column No. 7 - International Departure Terminal with a wide range of domestic mobile network operators for different prices. Tourists are advised to ask counselors at the counter to choose the best suitable package for them. Another choice is to use an International SIM card with many promotions.
5 - Visa entry services
You can process the immigration procedures, visa stamped right behind the entry lobby of the international airport. You are instructed about the procedures and payments by the instruction staff in Tan Son Nhat Airport.
6 - Luggage packing service
Luggage packing service at the Domestic Terminal is located near the door D2, adjacent to the escalator of the departure door or opposite to the sequence of A&B procedure counters. Meanwhile, Luggage packing service at the International Terminal has 2 locations near the entrance D1 and D2. Service fees range from 80.000 - 100.000 VND/ time (~$3,4 - $4,3) depending on the sizes of luggages.
7 - Transportation services
You can choose among 3 means of transportations from from Ho Chi Minh Airport to city center:
Ride - hailing Taxi
The Apps of the most popular ride-hailing taxi companies of Grab, Be, Gojek are available in Google Store, App store. .
The other taxi option is calling airport taxi for more convenience:
- Sai Gon Taxi - 08.38.42.42.42
- Ben Thanh Taxi - 08.38.422.422
- Vinasun Taxi - 08.38.46.46.46
- Mai Linh Taxi - 08.38.38.38.38
8 - Ho Chi Minh Airport wifi
Wifi is freely available in both 2 terminals, open 24/24. ID: FreeWifi TanSonNhat AirPort.
9 - Other services
There are lots of other great services passengers need to know:
Sleep Box is at Floor 2, International Terminal (near gate No. 27). The Box is designed with small but comfortable and fully-equipped interiors. Passengers are served cold towels and free water during masages time. Service fee is charged $7/ person/ hour, children below 5 years old are free, accompanied by an adult. (Note: This area is only served for those having International Departure flights from Tan Son Nhat Airport).
Ho Chi Minh Airport massage service
After a long-haul flight, a massage & spa service is an ideal choice for you. The average service time is from 30 to 150 minutes, including available services such as shampooing-hair drying, shoulder and nape massage, foot and full body massage. Service fee is charged from 140.000 VND/ adult ($6,03).
- Location: Commercial area, Domestic Terminal garage, Tan Son Nhat International Airport.
- Operating time: 10.00 am - 19.00 pm every day (reservation and appointment punctuation is preferred)
There is 1 bathing area in the Apricot Business Lounge at International Departure Terminal. This is the accompanying service package provided by the lounge, in addition to other services such as massage, television, shoe shining machine, bathroom, wifi,...
IV - Ho Chi Minh Airport accommodation
Some accommodations closed to Tan Son Nhat Airport are suggested below:
Ibis Hotel - Source: Agoda
Ibis Hotel - Saigon airport - 4*
Located only 350 meters from the airport, this hotel has bright color tones, bringing the comfortable feeling. There has been an outdoor swimming pool, restaurants and entertainment area,... provided their best for your accommodation demands.
- Address: No. 2, Hong Ha Street, Ward 2, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh city.
- Room rate: 1.200.000 - 3.000.000 VND/ room/ night (~$51,72 - $129,31)
- Contact: 08.3848 5556
Havana Airport Hotel - 3*
Located 600 meters far from Ho Chi Minh International Airport, this hotel has a simple yet exciting and youthful design. Moreover, it opens a unique rooftop cafe for its customers.
- Address: No. 25/17, Cuu Long Street, Ward 2, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh city.
- Room rate: 500.000 - 1.300.000 VND/ room/ night (~$21,55 - $56,03)
- Contact: 08 6269 1888
Mars & Venus Hotel - 3*
The hotel is about 590 meters from Tan Son Nhat Airport, which has a simple wooden design creating a cozy atmosphere for those who come in. Room space is not very large but fully-equipped with all necessary amenities. The hotel also has a rooftop cafe where you can contemplate the panorama view of the city. .
- Address: No. 25/22, Cuu Long Street, Ward 2, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh city.
- Room rate: 400.000 - 800.000 VND/ room/ night (~$17,24 - $34,48)
- Contact: 08 6651 3089
- Read more: Top hotels near Tan Son Nhat airport
V - Ho Chi Minh Airport Map
All information about the services of Ho Chi Minh Airport aka Tan Son Nhat International Airport are hoped to be useful to you.
People also asked:
1 - How many airports in Ho Chi Minh City?
→ There is only one airport in Ho Chi Minh City, namely Tan Son Nhat Airport
2 - Is Tan Son Nhat Airport the biggest airport in Vietnam?
→ Yes, it is