I - Overview of Saigon food
During the process of formation and development, the cuisine was influenced by many other culinary cultures such as: the way of seasoning using Chinese spices, the way of cooking French food or the exchange. with Indian cuisine, ... Have all blended and created the unique dishes only in this city.
In addition, the culinary characteristic of Saigon people is the sidewalk snacks with the breath of the countryside such as cakes such as beef cakes, baked banana cakes, tapioca cakes. Or the burden of sticky rice is sticky rice with corn, black beans, sticky rice, etc.
II - Best food in Ho Chi Minh to try
1 - Broken Rice
Price: 25,000 - 40,000 VND / plate (~ 1.7 $)
- Restaurant: 113 Nguyen Phi Khanh, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Minh Long Broken Rice: No. 607 Nguyen Thi Thap, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Huyen broken rice: Alley 95 Dinh Tien Hoang, Ward 3, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City.
2 - Braised fish
Price: 20,000 VND - 55,000 VND (~ 2.4 USD).
Address: 285/11 Cach Mang Thang 8, Ward 12, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City.
3 - Hu tieu (noodle)
Price: 25,000 VND - 60,000 VND / bowl (1.1 $ - 2.6 $).
- No. 389 - 391 Vo Van Tan, District 3
- Lien Hoa noodle at No.312 An Duong Vuong.
4 - Hoa Ma Bread
The price for a loaf of bread is 52,000 VND (~ 2.2 $), a loaf of burgers is 32,000 VND (~ 1.4 $).
Address: Alley no. 53 Cao Thang, District 3.
5 - Sour soup with snakehead fish
Price: 30,000 - 60,000 VND / bowl (~ $ 2.6).
- Quan Bui - 17A Ngo Van Nam, District 1.
- Cuc Gach - 10 Dang Tat, district 1.
6 - Saigon crab soup
Price is about 40,000 VND - 70,000 VND / bowl (1.7 - 3.0 $).
- Ut Le crab shop at 204 - 210 To Hien Thanh, Ward 14, District 10.
- Nguyen Tri Phuong crab soup shop at 484 Nguyen Tri Phuong, Ward 9, District 10.
7 - Trang Bang rice soup
The price is only from 30,000 - 60,000 VND / bowl (~ 1.3 - 2.6).
Trang Bang Banh Canh at 180-182 Ly Thai To, Ward 1, District 3.
70-72 Vo Van Tan, Ward 5, District 3.
III - Other best food in Saigon
1 - Fried chicken with fat rice
Price from 45,000 - 60,000 VND / interest (~ 1.9 - 2.6 $).
- Lao Huong Than Greasy Chicken Rice Shop at 402 Tran Phu, Ward 7, District 5.
- Su Su's fried chicken rice at 123 Cong Quynh Street, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, District 1.
2 - Cake dishes
Starting from salt-shrimp rice paper in Tay Ninh, after being introduced into Saigon cuisine, mixed rice paper becomes a dish that is easier to process with simple ingredients. The sliced rice paper fibers, mixed with dried shrimp, herb, sour mango, peanuts, ... All are mixed with sweet tamarind sauce to create an unforgettable taste. This delicate combination makes mixed rice paper an indispensable part of Ho Chi Minh food. This dish is sold throughout the streets of the city, especially at school gates, parks, along pedestrian streets, ...
Price from 10,000 VND - 20,000 VND / bag (~ 0.43 - 0.86 $).
- Chu Vien mixed rice paper: 38 Nguyen Thuong Hien, ward 5, district 3.
- Hoa Hao mixed rice paper: Hoa Hao Street, right in front of Lot S, Ngo Ngo Gia Tu apartment building, District 10.
Unlike mixed rice paper, grilled rice paper is more elaborate. It is necessary to bake the cake on a layer of embers. The cake includes ingredients such as sausage, eggs, butter, minced meat and onion fat, ... A delicious grilled rice paper must be thoroughly grilled until golden yellow.
Price: 15,000 VND - 25,000 VND / cake (~ 0.64 - 1.07 $).
- Corner grilled rice paper of Dalat: 386 / 43B Le Van Sy, Ward 14, District 3.
- Hot grilled rice paper: 116 Truong Sa, Binh Thanh District.
- Grilled rice paper C002: C002, apartment 23/49 Dinh Tien Hoang, ward 3, Binh Thanh district.
3 - Other good food in Ho Chi Minh city
The hometown of bun mam is in Cambodia, after the importation process, bun Mam is modified to create a unique taste of the Southerners. Instead of using Bo Hoc fish sauce, the southerners process it with Linh fish sauce or Sat fish. After filtering the fish sauce to get the clear water, adding salt and sugar to make the fragrant broth, people often add pieces of fish, shrimp, and squid to make the bowl more attractive. Bun Mam dish is often served with raw vegetables to add more deliciousness.
The price is 35,000 VND - 55,000 VND / bowl (~ 1.4 - 2.4 $).
- Co Ba bun mam restaurant: 264 Hoa Binh, Hiep Tan ward, Tan Phu district.
- Bac Lieu bun mam restaurant at: 78 Tran Nhan Tong, District 10.
The price for this dish is from 18,000 VND - 20,000 VND / bowl.
Address: Pha Lau Di Nui: 243/30 Ton Dan, Ward 15, District 4.
The main ingredients are rice paper, raw vegetables, noodles, meat and shrimp. A layer of rice paper wrapped inside pork must have both fat and lean, boiled or steamed shrimp, add a little vermicelli, bean sprouts, herbs, ... rolled up, and it’s done. Eating spring rolls instead of dinner or eating with family and friends is also reasonable because spring rolls are very filling. Because it is a fairly popular dish, you can easily see stalls selling spring rolls along the road, on the sidewalk, ...
The price is only from 3,000 - 9,000 VND / book.
- Shrimp and dance spring rolls, LLQ: 424 Lac Long Quan, Ward 5, District 11
- Hanh spring roll: 420A Hoa Hao, Ward 5, District 10.
- Ngon Ngon spring rolls: 322/13 An Duong Vuong, Ward 4, District 5.
Sweet soup or gruel dishes (che)
Average price from 15,000 - 25,000 VND / cup (~ $ 1.1)
- Che Hien Khanh - 718 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 3.
- Che restaurant 75 - 75 Tran Huy Lieu, Phu Nhuan district.
- Khanh Vy - 242B Su Van Hanh, district 10.
III - Street food in Saigon
IV - Suggestions for Saigon food tour
Tour takes place from 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Prices range from 1,825,200 VND / tour (~ 78 $).
V - Other best food in Ho Chi Minh city
In short, each region has different culinary colors that are very diverse and attractive. Therefore, it will be flawed if you do not taste the taste of the place once. Wishing you a wonderful and difficult culinary experience when visiting Ho Chi Minh city.