District 7 is one of the busiest, most modern and developed districts out of 24 districts in Ho Chi Minh City. A large number of foreigners also choose to live in District 7 Saigon because of its up-to-date and adequate facilities, diverse kinds of services, green space, and less-polluted environment. District 7 also has Phu My Hung urban area known as one of the most modern residential areas and the most "worth living" place in Ho Chi Minh City.
I - Which are the best things to do in District 7 Ho Chi Minh City?
1 - Artinus - 3D Art Museum
This is the largest 3D art museum in Ho Chi Minh City, having a series of lively and large 3D paintings in various themes. The main material of each painting is lacquer which brings you the best visual effects. You can enjoy the artworks and take interesting and humorous photos here.
Artinus - 3D Art Museum - a popular attractions in Saigon District 7 - Source: Vntrip
The museum's campus is about 4,000m2 displaying 9 different themes such as Vietnam, jungle, ocean, giant, love, Egypt,...The Vietnam theme has numerous paintings recreating the images of Vietnamese villages, scenic attractions, and outstanding constructions appearing along Vietnam.
Ticket price: 200,000 VND/person (2.15$) from Monday to Friday and 250,000 VND/person (10.77$) on Saturday & Sunday.
Address: 02 - 04 Street 9, Him Lam Residential Area, Tan Hung Ward, District 7
2 - Hello Park - one of the best Ho Chi Minh District 7 attractions
It consists of two attractive amusement zones: a children's pool area and a motorbike race area as a miniature Formula 1 design. The track is about 340m long and has lots of difficult bends. With the use of Kart motorcycles, you certainly experience the most amazing races.
- Address: No.582/12 Huynh Tan Phat Street, Tan Phu Ward, District 7
- Ticket price for the motorbike race area : 125,000 - 275,000 VND/person/5-15 mins (5.4 - 11.9 $).
- Ticket price for the children's swimming pool: 70,000 VND/kid (3$). It opens from 8am - 7pm with many exciting games.
3 - Polar Expo Snow House in District 7 Ho Chi Minh City
Polar Expo Snow House - Source: Internet
This is one of the most ideal destinations to hide from the sultry weather in Ho Chi Minh City. The Polar Expo has a total area of 1,500m2 with an average inside temperature of 15oC. Its included items, paths, and shops are all made from ice combined with the light to create a unique work of art, which brings you the most fantastic experiences.
- Address: 02 - 04 Street 9, Him Lam Residential Area, Tan Hung Ward, District 7
- Ticket price: 150,000 VND/person (6.5$) from Monday to Friday; 220,000 VND/person (9.5$) on Saturday and Sunday.
4 - Memorial House of Ho Chi Minh President
This is a famous historical site in District 7 Saigon. The work has a total area of 1,377.5m2 and is divided into 03 main subdivisions: main hall, souvenir room, and traditional room, displaying lots of artifacts, documents,...regarding the life of President Ho Chi Minh.
- Address: No. 458/25, Quarter 2, Binh Thuan Ward, District 7
- Opening hours: 7:30am - 5:30pm
5 - Starlight Bridge and Crescent Lake
The Starlight Bridge is one of the modern symbols of District 7 Ho Chi Minh City. This is always an ideal place to enjoy the fresh air and the youthful energy of Ho Chi Minh City. The entire bridge is 154m long, which is quite similar to a crescent moon. On the two sides of the bridge are two large squares, where there are many types of fruit juices, fresh fruits, snacks,..are served.
This Ho Chi Minh District 7 attraction is decorated with many small bulbs hidden under the cement layer and when the night falls, it looks like a bridge made of stars. That is the reason why it is called Starlight Bridge.
- Address: Phu My Hung Urban Area, Binh Thuan Ward, District 7
6 - Crescent Mall Shopping Center
The 45,000m2 commercial center is built according to international standards to meet the visitors’ needs of shopping, entertainment and culinary, having 6 floors and 3 basements. This is one of a few commercial centers having a facade overlooking the Saigon River, bringing you a relaxed and peaceful feeling.
- Address: 101 Ton Dat Tien Street, Phu My Hung Urban Area, Tan Phu Ward, District 7
- Opening hours: 7am - 10pm
7 - SC Vivocity Shopping Center
This is one of the largest commercial centers in District 7 Ho Chi Minh City, with an area of about 62,000m2, and a harmonious combination between Vietnamese culture and Singapore culture. The shopping center has 5 floors displaying more than 140 major brands in the fields of fashion, entertainment, education, culinary,...To experience a vibrant and youthful shopping space of Vietnam, you should visit this mall on the weekend (from Friday to Sunday).
- Address: No.1058 Nguyen Van Linh Street, Tan Phong Ward, District 7
- Opening hours: 7:30am - 10:30pm
8 - Saigon Exhibition and Convention Center (SECC)
Shopping in SECC is one of the best things to do in District 7 Ho Chi Minh City. This is also an ideal place for events, conferences, and exhibitions. SECC has a total indoor area of 40,000m2 and an outdoor area of about 15,000m2. SECC provides approximately 2,000 seats; 2 hotels having the international 4 and 5 * standard; and 1,000 bedrooms. The center also serves a full range of technical equipment, television, audio-visual, etc. to ensure professional and successful events.
Address: No.799, Nguyen Van Linh Avenue, Tan Phu Ward.
II - Where to eat in Ho Chi Minh City District 7?
You can enjoy numerous delicious dishes originating from many countries around the world in district 7:
Hoang Yen - Vietnamese Cuisine
The restaurant specializes in traditional Vietnamese food. Braised meat with coconut, fried chicken wings with fish sauce, crispy rice, fish balls, etc. are the famous dishes that have created the name of the restaurant.
- Opening hours: 9am - 11pm
- Prices: 100,000 - 550,000 VND/dish (4.31 - 23.7$)
- Address: CR1 - 12, Crescent Lake Area, no.103 Ton Dat Tien Street, Tan Phu Ward, District 7
Yeebo - Hongkong restaurant
Source: Freya Cheung
This Saigon District 7 restaurant has more than 30 years of operation and specializes in serving hot pot, seafood and Chinese food. The signature dishes of the restaurant include Uyen Uong hotpot, Xi Quach hotpot made of nutritious broth and fresh seafood.
- Opening hours: 7am - 2pm and 5pm - 10pm
- Food prices: 300,000 - 660,000 VND/dish (12.9 - 28.5$)
- Address: CR3 - 08 - 09 - 10 - 11, no.109 Ton Dat Tien Street, Tan Phu Ward, District 7
Hanami Sushi - Japanese cuisine
This is the ideal restaurant in District 7 Ho Chi Minh City for those who are fans of Japanese cuisine, especially sushi. The beautiful and fresh dishes are prepared by Japanese chefs. Located on the 5th floor of the Crescent Mall, from here you can enjoy good food and admire the view of the river.
- Opening hours: 10am - 10pm
- Food prices: 79,000 - 149,000 VND/dish (3.4 - 6.4$)
- Address: 5th Floor, 5F22 Crescent Mall, No.101 Ton Dat Tien, Phu My Hung urban area, Tan Phu Ward, District 7
III - Where to stay in Ho Chi Minh City District 7?
Saki Apart Hotel 4 - a 3-star hotel
This hotel is designed in minimalist style, with the use of brown, white tones and blue interior to bring the guests a comfortable, cozy, and comfortable experience.
- Address: No.188 Ha Huy Tap Street, District 7
- Room price: 280,000 - 550,000 VND/room/night (12.06 - 23.7$)
- Phone: 0349 555 506
Hotel MerPerle Crystal Palace - 4-star hotel
Designed in neoclassical style and combined with modern equipment, this hotel in District 7 Saigon offers guests a large balcony and a spacious room for the most comfortable and enjoyable experience. Food menu is quite diverse with lots of delicious dishes.
- Address: No.13 Nguyen Luong Bang Street, Tan Phong Ward, District 7
- Room price: 1,250,000 - 3,250,000 VND/room/night (54 - 140$)
- Phone: 0907 46 39 99
Oakwood Residence Saigon - 5-star hotel
Oakwood Residence Saigon is a luxury hotel in Ho Chi Minh District 7 which has an elegant design with spacious rooms, modern facilities and great services. Staying here, guests are offered to experience lots of services including gym & fitness center, outdoor swimming pool, restaurant, bar & cafes.
- Address: No.1056A Nguyen Van Linh Street, Tan Phong Ward, District 7
- Room price: 1,620,000 - 2,000,000 VND/ room/night 70 - 86$)
- Phone: 0283 775 3999.
District 7 Ho Chi Minh City is not only an attractive tourist destination but also an ideal place to live for foreign travelers. Its infrastructure system is invested synchronously and the conventions & events services here are extremely good.