I - Tips when visiting Hanoi in July
1 - Don't forget to bring sunscreen
July is the summer peak in Hanoi, so the day’s temperature is pretty high, ranging from 27oC to 29.2oC, the highest temperature even reaching more than 40oC. Owing to the high intensity of sunlight and the sunshine period in a day, the summer sun in Hanoi is relatively harsh. Thus, if you visit Hanoi in July you should actively apply sunscreen, prepare caps and long-sleeved shirts. You should avoid going out during peak hot weather from 10:00 A.M to 2:00 P.M daily to limit the harmful effects of hot sunshine and protect your health.
Hoan Kiem lake - Source: Kenh14
2 - Bring umbrella or raincoat when visit Hanoi in July
While July is one of the hottest months of summer, Hanoi’s rainfall is relatively high at 253mm; high humidity above 82%. Despite the heavy rain, rainfall during the day is usually not prolonged. Therefore, you can prepare umbrellas or raincoats. Before coming to here, you can also monitor Hanoi weather forecasts to prevent visiting during a period that could be adversely affected by storms.
II - Ideal things to do in Hanoi in July
Some July-travelling activities or experiences in Hanoi fit for the weather that you can consider such as:
1 - Ba Vi National Park
The green space of mountains and forests and the disparity in elevation between Ba Vi and the capital centre provide you with a sense of ease and closeness to nature. The daily average temperature here is approximately 26-28oC. You can arrive here to explore the green space, experience the mysterious Ba Vi Stone Church in the middle of the forest, take a trip to other exciting places such as Thien Son Suoi Nga amusement park, Xuong Rong greenhouse, Thuong temple or the tourist area of Ao Vua,..
Visiting Ba Vi National Park in Hanoi in July can definitely offer unique, memorable and close to nature experiences for you. If you want to experience the luxury of relaxation, fresh mountain and forest space and the magical shift of the Ba Vi weather during a day, you can choose to stay at Melia Ba Vi Mountain Retreat.
- Location: Ba Vi Mountain, Ba Vi District, Hanoi.
- Entrance fee: 60,000 VND / adult (~ $ 2.58)
- Tour guide rental: 300,000 - 500,000 VND/day (~ $ 12.93 - $ 21.55)
- Tent or camp rental: 120,000 - 200,000 VND /tent /night (~ $ 5.17 - $ 8.62)
2 - West Lake Water Park - best place in Hanoi in July
The West Lake Water Park is a big amusement park that attracts a large number of indigenous people. This is one of the ideal "cool down - avoid heat" places for Hanoians, particularly every summer. West Lake Water Park is full of attractive entertainment complexes with 35,560m2, with two significant subdivisions: Water Park and New Sun Park.
Coming here, you can be immersed in cool, clear blue water with lots of great activities such as highway slide, black tube slide, aquarium, massage pool, lazy river, etc. At the fascinating New Sun Park, visitors can also challenge themselves with adventure games.
Hanoi weather in July is suitable for having fun at the West Lake Water Park - Source: Kenh14
Location: No. 614, Lac Long Quan Street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
Opening hours: 8:00 - 20:00 (Monday - Friday) and 7:00 - 20:00 (Saturday - Sunday)
- Monday - Friday: 145,000 VND/adult (~ $ 6.25);120,000 VND/child (~ $ 5.17)
- Saturday - Sunday : 170,000 VND/adult (~ 7 , 32 $); 140,0000 VND/child (6.03 $)
- After 17:00 daily the same price: 90,000 VND/person (~ 3.87 $)
Water Park + New Sun Park
- Monday - Friday : 220,000 VND/adult (~ 9.48 $); 170,000 VND/110cm-120cm child (~ $ 7.32) and 120,000 VND /90cm-110cm high child (~ $ 5.17)
- Saturday - Sunday: 240,000 VND/adult (~ 10.34 $); 190,000 VND/110cm - 120cm high child (~ $ 8.18) and 140,000 VND /90cm-110cm high child ($ 6.03)
3 - Enjoying shows of water puppets
Besides outdoor attractions, an ideal indoor activity chosen for travellers with a limited schedule in July in Hanoi is watching water puppet shows. This is one of the ancient arts of Vietnam (10th century), a harmonious mixture of music, the craftsmanship of the artists’ hands, the quintessence of wood carving,...
Unlike other puppetry activities that tourists frequently see, the water surface (called a puppet house or a water house) covered behind backdrop is required to be the main water puppetry stage. You can choose to experience the water puppetry at one of the following 3 locations:
- Thang Long Water Puppet Theater: No. 57B, Dinh Tien Hoang Street, Ly Thai To Ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi; Phone number: 0243 824 94 94.
- Vietnamese cultural space - Lotus Water Puppet Centre: No. 16, Le Thai To Street, Hang Trong Ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi; Phone number: 0243 9381 173.
- The Vietnam National Puppetry Theater: No. 361, Truong Chinh Street, Khuong Trung Ward, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi; Phone number: 0243 5682 386.
Avoid coming on weekends because the park is full of people during these days.
Compared to other times of the year, Hanoi in July does not have a large number of typical experiences. You even face high temperatures or are adversely affected by tropical depression or storms. Thus, you should consider the itinerary carefully before preparing to explore Hanoi at this time.