I - Architecture and pagoda grounds
Inside the pagoda's garden is an 11-story stupa with a height of 15m, each with an arched doorway. At each floor of the tower is placed a white gemstone Buddha statue. On the top of the stupa is a nine-story lotus tower, the Nine-product Lotus flower is made of precious stones. The special feature facing the stupa is the bodhi tree extracted from the Great Bodhisattva tree - where Shakyamuni Buddha meditated and attained himself. The entire space of the pagoda exudes a quiet, opposite to the bustling Thanh Nien street in front of the temple.
II - Guide to visit Tran Quoc Pagoda Vietnam
1 - How to get here?
For those who use a motorbike, you can move from the city center to here in about 20 minutes, then park the car in the parking lot opposite the pagoda, next to the Tay Ho ice cream shop. The parking fee ranges from 5,000 - 10,000 VND / vehicle / time (~ 0.25 - 0.43 $). Some motorbike rental units:
- MotoGP: No. 33, Pham Ngu Lao Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi; Phone number 0988 71 70 16
- Motorbike rental in Ha Noi: No. 38, Tho Xuong street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi; phone number 0856 080 636.
There is a bus route running through the pagoda in the number 50. The bus starts the first trip from 5h00 - 20h45 every day with 20 minutes / trip and the fare is 7,000 / person / time (~ 0.3 $ ). Tourists should get down to the stop on Thanh Nien Street then continue walking to Tran Quoc Pagoda Hanoi Vietnam gate.
* 50 Bus schedule: Long Bien (parking spot in a dedicated bus lane) - Yen Phu - Tran Nhat Duat - Turn around at the intersection of Hang Khoai - Tran Nhat Duat - Yen Phu - Long Bien transit point - Yen Phu (dedicated bus line) - Thanh Nien - Hung Vuong - Phan Dinh Phung - Hoang Dieu - Tran Phu - Kim Ma (PTA Building - No.1 Kim Ma) - Giang Vo - Hao Nam - Lang Ha - Tran Duy Hung - Pham Hung - Le Quang Dao - My Dinh National Stadium.
Taxi or Grab
Visitors can directly drop down at the pagoda gate. Some taxi brands in Hanoi such as:
- Mai Linh Taxi - 024 38 333333
- Group Taxi - 024 38 26 26 26
- Thanh Nga Taxi - 024 38 215 215
2 - Opening times of the day
3 - Tran quoc pagoda entrance fee
4 - Food near the Pagoda
Shrimp cake is one of the famous snacks of Ha Thanh people. When eating, visitors can feel the crispy dough, the sweet and sour fish sauce just eaten, and fragrant shrimp meat. To enjoy a delicious shrimp cake, visitors can visit Ho Tay Shrimp Cake Restaurant just 140m from the pagoda:
- Address: No. 1, Thanh Nien Street, Yen Phu Ward, Tay Ho District, Hanoi City
- Price: 80,000 VND / person (~ $ 3.45)
- Opening hours: 9h00 - 21h00
Visitors can experience the feeling of sipping a delicious cup of coffee at Highland coffee, admire the lake view, and feel the fresh air here. Moreover, the restaurant space is extremely airy and unique when lying on a ship on Truc Bach Lake - adjacent to West Lake. This is also the ideal place to watch the sunset on West Lake.
- Address: No. 9, Thanh Nien Street, Quan Thanh Ward, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi City
- Price: 39,000 - 65,000 VND / glass (~ 1.6 - 2.8 $)
- Opening hours: 7h00 - 23h00
Huong Mai Roll Noodles
The dish includes white, chewy noodle cake served with beef, raw vegetables with sweet and sour sauce. This snack is very suitable in the afternoon after visiting Tran Quoc pagoda. In addition, the restaurant also has many other unique and delicious Vietnamese dishes such as puffed pho, beef noodles, ...
- Address: No. 31, Ngu Xa Street, Truc Bach Ward, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi City.
- Price: 50,000 - 100,000 VND / item (~ 2.15 - 4.31 $)
- Opening hours: 9:30 - 21:30
It is one of the famous snacks loved by young local people, because of the wonderful combination of soft rice paper, sweet molasses, sesame seeds, and fat coconut.
- Address: Small stalls for sale on the sidewalk along Thanh Nien Street.
- Price: 10,000 VND / book (~ $ 0.43)
- Time: 7:00 - 23:00
Ho Tay Ice Cream
Ho Tay Ice Cream is a famous ice cream brand in Hanoi. This cream is impressed by the creamy, sweet taste and the fragrant crispy cone. The shop also has a large open space, the view of Truc Bach lake is extremely cool.
- Address: No. 1, Thanh Nien Street, Truc Bach Ward, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi City.
- Price: 6,000 - 35,000 VND / stick or cup (~ 0.25 - 1.5 $)
- Opening hours: 8h00 - 21h30
People also searched: Chua Tran Quoc, Pagoda Tran Quoc, Tran Quoc temple