I - Suggested schedule to explore Hanoi in one day
1 - In the morning
7:00 - 7:30 - Have a breakfast at Pho Thin
Pho Thin brand, appearing since 1955, is one of the oldest Pho Stalls in Hanoi. Thanks to the "heirloom recipe", the stall owns a unique flavor, deliciousness, sweet broth, soft chewy noodle, and soft sweet beef. The fresh and delicious meats will surprise visitors. Pho can be served with a crispy crust, fresh lemon juice, vinegar, and chili. With a small space, there are only a few simple tables and chairs in this stall.
- Address: No. 61, Dinh Tien Hoang Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi City
- Price: 40.0 00 - 55,000 VND / bowl (1.7 - 2.37 $)
7:30 - 8:00 - Enjoy a cup of Egg Coffee
- Address: Giang Cafe - No. 39, Nguyen Huu Huan Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi City.
- Price: 30,000VND/cup (~ 1.29 $)
8:00 - 9:00 - Take a walk around Hoan Kiem lake
Walking around Hoan Kiem lake, visit Ngoc Son temple and The Huc Bridge, Turtle Tower - the symbols of Hanoi city. Coming here, visitors will be extremely interested in the ancient monolithic architecture such as the research station - pen tower, three-door gate, ... or the images of flying dragons, dragon doors - tigers board carved elaborately on the wall [Read more...]
- Address: Hoan Kiem Lake, Hang Trong Ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi City.
- Entrance ticket for Ngoc Son Temple: 30,000 VND /person (~ 1.29 $)
9:00 - 10:00 am - St. Joseph's Cathedral, Hanoi
- Address: No. 40, Nha Chung Street, Hang Trong Ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi City
- Entrance fee: Free of charge
10:00 - 11:30 - Hoa Lo Prison
Hoa Lo prison, (French name Maison Centrale) has an old name is “Hanoi Nguc That’, is a group of ancient works built by the French colonialists in 1896 to imprison political prisoners opposing the colonialists. The total area of 12,000m2 with many detention areas, gruesome execution and torture grounds. Currently, it is also a historical “witnesses”, a war relic left in the heart of Hanoi. After visiting this relic, you will take a short rest and have lunch as our suggested Hanoi 1 day itinerary. [Read more...]
- Address: No. 1, Hoa Lo street, Tran Hung Dao ward, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi city.
- Ticket price: 30,000 VND / person ($ 1.29)
2 - At the noon
12h00 - 13h00 – Have lunch
There are two options that you can choose for lunch:
Enjoy La Vong fish balls - 1,4km from Hoa Lo prison
Delicious and yellow fish balls are placed on a hot pan with onions, dills and a little spicy chili, then dipped in shrimp sauce/fish sauce and served with noodles. It is the ingenuity of the chef that makes the pieces of fragrant and boneless fish be extremely easy to eat. Besides, visitors can also order delicious fish gizzards.
- Address: No. 19 - 2D, Duong Thanh Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- Price: 150,000 - 170,000 VND / person (~ 6.4 - 7.3 $.)
Enjoy Dac Kim Bun Cha - 2,3km from Hoa Lo prison
This is one of the famous bun cha stalls in Hanoi because of the dipping sauce, delicious grilled rolls, crunchy crab spring rolls. Visitors should eat with minced garlic, fresh peppers and herbs to increase the flavor. Visitors can see grilled rolls by charcoal, safflower fat and dense smoke, fragrant at the whole neighborhood. How a great meal for a Hanoi one day tour
- Address: No. 1, Hang Manh Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi City
- Price: 60,000 VND / ration (~ $ 2.58), 30,000 VND / crab spring rolls (~ $ 1.29).
13:00 - 13:30 – Enjoy a cup of iced tea on sidewalk
We don't know when iced tea on the sidewalk has become a familiar street drink to the Hanoians. You can see a small iced tea on the sidewalk with a few simple plastic chairs at any street. People will sip a cup of iced tea and some peanut candy while watching the bustling streets.
- Price: 3,000 - 5,000 VND / glass (~ 0.12 - 0.25 $); Peanut candy 3,000 VND / piece (~ $ 0.12).
3 - In the afternoon
13h45 - 14h30 – Visit the Temple of Literature
Temple of Literature - The first university in Vietnam was built in 1070. At the same time, this is also a place to worship Confucius, sages and scholars. This place also preserves many unique ancient architectural features such as Khue Van Cac, Thien Quang well, Tam Quan gate, Stelae of Doctors, Four Books area,...With sophisticated dragon carving patterns on the roof, bronze censers...This is also a testament to the traditional fondness of learning of the Vietnamese ancient people. [Read more...]
- Address: No. 58, Van Mieu Quoc Tu Giam Street, Dong Da District, Hanoi City
- Ticket price: 20.00 0 VND / person / one way (~ 0.86 $).
14:30 - 15:30 - Thang Long Imperial Citadel
In the next part of the Hanoi 1 day trip, visitors can continue to move to Hoang Thanh Thang Long, one of the famous historical works in Hanoi in a total area of 18,395ha. Tourists should experience and go sightseeing places such as: royal citadel, archaeological site of 18 Hoang Dieu, Hanoi flagpole, Kinh Thien palace, Cua Bac, Hau Lau house, D67 house.
- Address: No. 19C, Hoang Dieu Street, Dien Ban Ward, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi City.
- Ticket price: 30,000 VND / person / one way (~ 1.29 $).
15h30 - 16h30 - One Pillar Pagoda
- Address: No. 1, One Pillar Pagoda, Doi Can Ward, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi City
- Ticket price: 25,000 VND / person / one way (~ $ 1.07)
16h30 - 18h30 - West Lake
West lake is the next breakpoint in the Hanoi city tour full day in the afternoon. Experience around West Lake - the largest freshwater lake in Hanoi - 14.8ha, visitors can enjoy snacks such as shrimp cakes, west lake ice cream, beef squash, ... or take a walk to watch Lake view or enjoy a cup of coffee at highland coffee, ...[Read more...]
- Address: Thanh Nien Street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
4 - In the evening
18h30 - 19h30 – Have a dinner at Hung Ben Roll
Visitors should have dinner at Hung Ben Roll, one of the famous stalls in Hanoi. There are delicious dishes you can enjoy such as: beef roll, fried noodles, soft stirred noodles, egg fried noodles, sour noodles, ... All dishes are tasty with delicious sauce and chewy noodles.
- Address: No. 33, Ngu Xa Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi City.
- Price: 20,000 - 55,000 VND / item (~ 0.86 - 2.37 $)
If you have visited Hanoi, Hoan Kiem Lake is a must-go place. The lake is located in the center of the capital, people will not only take a walk, feel fresh air, but also go see many aspects of culture - history appeared in poems and songs. Hanoi Old Quarter Night Market, also known as Hanoi Dong Xuan Night Market, is located right next to the pedestrian street. The market opens from 18h - 22h30, and sells many attractive street foods with eye-catching jewelry and clothes. If you want to buy something at the night market, remember to bargain first, except for the food.
- Address: Hoan Kiem Lake, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
5 – At Night
21h30 - 24h00 Bars at the Old Quarter
In the Old Quarter, many bars attracted tourists and locals. Here are some bars we would like to recommend to you:
1900 Le Théatre
1900 Le Théatre has a creative space that is blended with old and modern features of Hanoi. You will feel excited when you see small streets to electric poles, light poles, loudspeaker…. Please discover it by yourself!
- Address: No. 8 Ta Hien, Hoan Kiem District, HCMC. Hanoi
- Opening hours: 10:00 - 01:00
- Reference price: 50,000 - 500,000 VND (~ 2.2- 21.5 $).
Mao's Red Lounge
Unlike other bars, Mao's Red Lounge is Asian-style, in both mysterious and friendly colors. The bar has 2 floors, in which, one floor so you can enjoy the uniqueness of the hammock model.
- Address: 7 Ta Hien, Hang Buom, Hoan Kiem District, HCMC. Hanoi
- Opening hours: 00h00 - 23h30
- Reference price: 35,000 - 100,000 VND (~ 1.5- $ 4.3).
- See more: Best bars in Hanoi
II - Advice for tourists when visiting Hanoi in one day
1 - Time
2 - Vehicles
3 - Mental and physical health preparation
4 - Accommodations
Olive Hanoi Hotel
- Price ranges from: 400,000 VND / night (~ 17.3 $)
- Address: 22 Hang Be, Silver Goods, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi.
- Phone: 0384 578 396
Golden Charm Hotel
- Prices range from: 700,000 VND (~ 30.2 $).
- Address: 24 Hang Fan, Hang Gai, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi.
- Phone: 02432 669 272
Hanoi Delano Hotel
- Prices range from: 1,000,000–1,500,000 VND / night (~ 43.1- $ 64.7).
- Address: 52 Bat Su, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Phone: (84-24) 38 284 466
- Prices range from: 800,000 –1,500,000 VND (~ 34.5- 64.7 $).
- Address: 64 Cau Go, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Phone: (84-24) 39 392 555
Hoping you will have a full of amazing experience with our suggested one day tour in Hanoi.
- For more choices, you can refer to: Top-rated hotels in Hanoi Old Quater