I - An overview about Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum
1 - Introduce Ho Chi Minh president
- On February 3, 1930, President Ho Chi Minh held a meeting to reunite three separated parties to establish the Communist Party of Vietnam in Cuu Long - Hong Kong.
- On September 2, 1945, Uncle Ho with the role of a representative of the Communist Party of Vietnam and the people working across the country proclaimed the Vietnamese Declaration of Independence, giving the start of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam.
Due to the great contributions, to worship and commemorate Ho Chi Minh president, the government of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam decided to build the mausoleum.
2 - The building process and architecture of the Mausoleum Ho Chi Minh
Main block of the mausoleum is the granite that was taken from the Soviet Union. On the front side of the main block are "PRESIDENT HO CHI MINH" words made of jade stones from Pien village, Cao Bang.
II - A guide to visit Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum
1 - Where is the mausoleum and how to get there?
You have 3 choices to get to the mausoleum: bus, motorbike and taxi
- Bus No. 22: Get off the bus at Tran Phu or Hoang Dieu Street bus stop and continue walking for about 1km.
- Bus No. 33: Get off the bus at Hoang Dieu Street bus stop and walk about 500 - 800m.
- Bus No. 50: Get off the bus at Tran Phu or Hoang Dieu street and continue walking for about 1km.
Motorbike: If you travel by motorbike, you can park your scooters at Ong Ich Khiem Street (opposite to the High Command) or at 19 Ngoc Ha Street (near the entrance to Ho Chi Minh Museum). You can consider some motorbike rental addresses in Hanoi:
- Motogo: No. 33, Pham Ngu Lao street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi - 0338 023 344
- Hanoi motorbikes rental: No. 38, Tho Xuong street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi - 0856080636.
- Van Chinh motorcycle rental: 24D Ta Hien street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi - 0989595533.
Taxi: You can get down right in front of Ba Dinh Square courtyard and continue to move in about 200m to line up to visit Chairman Mausoleum. Some taxi companies in Hanoi:
- Taxi Mai Linh - 024.38.333.333
- Taxi Group - 024.38.26.26.26
- Taxi ABC - 024.37.19.19.19
2 - Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum opening hours
- On normal days, the mausoleum opens from 7:30 to 10:30.
- On Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, the mausoleum opens from 7:30 am to 11:00.
In winter (from November 1 to March 31)
- On normal days, the mausoleum opens from 8:00 to 11:00.
- Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, the mausoleum opens from 8:00 to 11:30.
3 - Ticket price
4 - Other rules and regulations
Electronic devices: Before entering the mausoleum, you must ensure that the network signals and sounds from mobile phones are completely turned off to keep the space quiet.
No filming and photography: it is known that due to a number of reasons to keep the body safe, visitors are strictly prohibited from using cameras or taking pictures.
Age limitation: The age to enter the mausoleum is from 3 years old.
4 - Activities at the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum Vietnam
Source: Kenh 14
- The flag-raising and the flag-lowering ceremony: the flag-raising ceremony is a national ceremony that takes place at 6am every day in front of the mausoleum. After the ceremony, the soldiers of the mausoleum go around Uncle Ho's mausoleum once and finish the ceremony. At 21 o'clock every day, a solemn flag-raising ceremony will also be performed in a dignified process.
- The main activity is still visiting the president's mausoleum, especially on public holidays and major national holidays. Not only Vietnamese but international visitors also give special love for the greatest president. That is the reason why this place is usually very crowded during those occasions.
II - Places to visit when coming to Ho Chi Minh complex
Ba Dinh Square
Located right in front of the mausoleum, Ba Dinh is the largest square in Vietnam.. The square is the place witnessing and experiencing numerous historical landmarks of Vietnam. Especially the event on September 2 1945 when President Ho Chi Minh proclaimed the "Declaration of Independence" giving birth to the Democratic Republic of Vietnam.
It has retained an ancient and elegant beauty being inherent after more than 100 years. In addition, visitors will have a chance to visit and walk around a garden with many kinds of Vietnam fruit trees such as mango, oranges, and so on.
Uncle Ho's Stilt House
Ho Chi Minh’s Stilt House is where Uncle Ho lived and worked for the longest periods within his revolutionary working process, from May 17 1958 to September 2 1969. The house not only has the important role in history but also is considered as a typical architectural heritage of Vietnam.
One Pillar Pagoda
Known as Chua Mat, Dien Huu Tu or Lien Hoa Dai, this is the spiritual place attracting many people for its unique architecture with a square block on only one stone pillar. The pagoda was built in the tenth lunar month in 1049 under King Ly Thai Tong. In 1105, King Ly Nhan Tong renovated and expanded it to larger with more zones.
Ho Chi Minh Museum
This is the largest museum in Vietnam, having a total area of up to 18,000 square meters, displaying about 12,000 artifacts related to his life and career.
The best schedule to explore all the destinations within the Ho Chi Minh Complex is following the tour starting from Ho Chi Minh Museum, One Pillar Pagoda, to the Mausoleum, Ba Dinh Square, Presidential Palace and ends at Uncle Ho's Stilt House. The total cost of the tour is only 90,000 VND / person (~ $ 3.87):
- The Mausoleum: 25,000 VND/ person/ visit (~ $1.0)
- One Pillar Pagoda: 25,000 VND/ person/ visit (~ $1.0)
- Ho Chi Minh Museum: 40,000 VND/ person/ time (~ $1.72).
Tourists should visit the Ho Chi Minh Complex within the period from August to November because this is the time of Hanoi autumn when the weather is extremely beautiful, pleasant, and cool.
In short, all necessary information about a trip to Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum Hanoi has been brought to you. Hopefully, it will help you have an interesting and memorable experience in the future trips to Hanoi and Vietnam.
This article is to answer for the following questions: When is Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum closed and When is Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum open?