I – Hanoi water puppet show overview
1 - History
2 – The significance of Hanoi water puppets
3 – Puppets and manipulating puppets
4 - Music used in a water puppets hanoi show
5 - Stage
6 – Familiar images in a water puppet show
7 – Some water puppetry villages in Vietnam
Dao Thuc water puppet originated from Dao Thuc Village, Thuy Lam Commune, Dong Anh District, Hanoi. The distinctive feature of Dao Thuc water puppet compared to other water puppet villages is that the symbolized image is the character Teacher Ba Khia, not just the traditional buffoon of the Vietnamese village.
Dong Ngu water puppet originated from Ngu Thai Commune, Thuan Thanh District, Bac Ninh Province. During a century of formation and development, Dong Ngu water puppet has become an indispensable spiritual dish of Kinh Bac people, in festivals like village festivals. Like the water puppets show Hanoi, Dong Ngu water puppet attracts viewers not only by the plays representing cherished traditional folks, but also by its association with the folk songs of Bac Ninh family.
II - Places to see the best water puppet show in Hanoi
1 - Thang Long Water Puppet Theater Hanoi
- The daily schedule is fixed at the following time frames: 15:00, 16:00, 1720, 18:30, 20:00
- Contact: 024 38249494 - 024 38255450
- Ticket price: From 60,000 to 200,000 VND/ticket (~ 3 - 9USD). To book tickets, visit the website http://thanglongwaterpuppet.com/
- Nearby places to visit: This Water Puppet Theater is within 1 km from the famous tourist attractions in Hanoi such as Hoan Kiem Lake, Old Quarter, Ngoc Son Temple,...
2 – Vietnamese Cultural Atmosphere – Lotus Water Puppet Theatre Hanoi
- Ticket price: from 80,000 - 200,000 VND/ticket (4 - 9 USD)
- The schedule is at the hours of 14:45 - 16:00 - 17:00 - 18:30
- Contact: 097 203 04 20
- Nearby places to visit: Only about 1 km from Thang Long Water Puppet Theater, Lotus theater is also really close to Hoan Kiem Lake, Ngoc Son Temple and Old Quarter. In addition, visitors can go shopping at the most luxurious commercial center in Hanoi: Trang Tien Plaza - a few minutes walk from Bong Sen Water Puppet Theater.
3 - Vietnam Puppet Theater
- Ticket price: from 80,000 - 300,000 VND/ticket (~ 4USD - 13 USD)
- Vietnam Puppet Theater Show includes plays with flexible time frames and performs under a contract with a third party. See more water puppet show schedule at
-Contact: (024) 3853.4545 - (024) 3853.1333
-Nearby places to visit: From the Vietnam Puppet Theater, visitors can also visit the Air Force Defense Museum at 173 C Truong Chinh, Thanh Xuan or go shopping at Big C Artemis Shopping Mall at 3 Le Trong Tan, Khuong Mai, Thanh Xuan, Hanoi.
Related keyword: Lotus water puppet show hanoi tickets; Hanoi puppet theatre; Hanoi water puppet show time; Thang long puppet theatre; Thang Long water puppet theatre Hanoi