I - List of must-try food in Hanoi
1 - Banh Mi
- Banh Mi Anh Nguyen Doner Kebab at 1 Hang Mam Street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi. With 10,000 - 30,000VND, you can enjoy delicious Banh Mi here. The filling with characteristic fresh vegetables, enthusiastic service attitude, and ensured hygiene are the factors that hold the customers.
- Banh Mi Dan To is a Banh Mi that makes many diners content to line up at 3 am at Cao Thang crossroads, 32 Tran Nhat Duat for a chance to buy. The difference of this bread is the harmonious combination of Chinese sausages, dried beef, chicken eggs, sausages, onions, butter, silk rolls, cilantro , pickled vegetables and pate. The price of Banh Mi Dan To is from 15,000 to 25,000VND.
2 - Cha ca (Grilled Fish Ball)
- Cha Ca Thang Long at 2D / 19/21 Thanh street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi. The average price when enjoying grilled fish here is 30,000 - 66,000VND / person.
- Cha Ca La Vong is a place not too strange for gourmets in Hanoi. Moreover, La Vong grilled fish has many facilities in the capital so diners can easily enjoy it such as: No. 107 Nguyen Truong To,... The average price per person is from 90,000 - 150,000VND / person (3,8$ - 6,5$).
3 - Bun cha (grilled pork with vermicelli)
- If you are looking for a place to enjoy this dish with such criteria, you can visit 1, Manh Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi with prices from 20,000 to 150,000VND / person.
- Or you can visit Bun Cha Huong Lien at 4, Le Van Huu Street, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi. In particular, this is also the place that President Obama went to try bun cha when having the opportunity to work in Vietnam. Because of this special event, many people favored this place as Obama Bun Cha restaurant. The price of bun cha here is 40,000 - 60,000VND/ bowl.
4 - Bun thang
To enjoy the dish to the fullest, diners can visit 29, Hang Manh street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi to try. The average price from 20,000 to 33,000VND / person.
5 - Bun Bo (Rice vermicelli with Beef)
6 - Pho noodle soup
- Pho Thin at 13 Lo Duc, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi City. A large bowl of pho with broth, fatty water and fresh beef will certainly not disappoint diners. The average price for a bowl of pho is 40,000 - 60,000 VND / bowl.
- Pho Ly Quoc Su is a unique combination of traditional Beef Pho with the taste of beef with wine sauce,... Depending on your taste, diners can choose a dish suitable for themselves. The restaurant is at 10 Ly Quoc Su, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi. The average price from 50,000 to 77,000VND / bowl.
7 - Rolled Pho, Fried Pho
- Rolled Pho is a thin Pho layer with the fillings of fresh vegetables, stir-fried beef with onions and eaten with the typical chili garlic sauce. Therefore, the taste is somewhat fresh and fat.
- Fried Pho is shaped like Pho and then fried with hot oil, creating a crispy layer outside and soft and sweet taste inside. Then combine it with beef, fresh vegetables and spicy pepper.
Some famous places to enjoy Rolled Pho and Fried Pho in Hanoi:
- Pho Cuon Huong Mai Restaurant at 32, Ngu Xa Street, Truc Bach, Ba Dinh, Hanoi. The average price for a meal here is about 30,000 - 44,000VND / person. The food flavor is also very popular here.
- Another option is Pho Cuon Hung Ben restaurant at 33, Ngu Xa street, Ba Dinh district, Hanoi. The average price is from 20,000 to 55,000VND / person. This is also the address to retain the inherent flavor of Rolled Pho and Fried Pho.
8 - Che (Sweet gruel )
- Che Sau Lien restaurant at 81, Xa Dan Street, Dong Da District, Hanoi. The menu of the restaurant is extremely rich with many kinds of sweet gruels, especially durian sweet gruel that can retain the fresh taste of fresh durian. The average price when eating at the restaurant is 15,000 - 30,000VND / meal.
- Che Me Nhim restaurant is one of the gourmet places at 53C, Hai Ba Trung Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, with prices ranging from 15,000 to 50,000VND / person.
9 - Mi Ga Tan (Noodles with stew chickens)
10 - Banh duc nong
11 - Banh Troi Tau
- Banh Troi Tau Pham Bang restaurant at 30 Hang Giay Street, Hoan Kiem. The shop is open from 15:00 - 22:00 every day with the price from 12,000VND / bowl.
- Banh Troi Tau Hang Ngang at 47 Hang Ngang, Hoan Kiem. The restaurant is open from 15 - 20 o’clock daily with the price from 15,000VND / bowl.
12 - Bun Dau Mam Tom (Rice vermicelli with shrimp paste)
Bun Dau Mam Tom 5: VND 20,000 - 45,000VND / serving at 8 Ma May, Hoan Kiem
Bun Dau Goc Da at 4 Ngo Gach, Hoan Kiem with prices from 50,000VND to 100,000VND / serving.
13 - Ice cream
- Thuy Ta Ice Cream: Enjoying the unique flavor to quench thirst after walking hours at Sword Lake (Ho Guom ) is really great. Not only is the vanilla ice cream or coconut famous, but lemon ice cream is also a good choice. Located at 1, Ly Thai To Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi. the average price is about 10,000 - 30,000VND each.
- Trang Tien Ice Cream is one of the Vietnamese ice cream brands that has wide coverage throughout the country. But if you want to enjoy the delicious ice cream sticks that have just been made in the day, you must definitely go to Trang Tien Plaza at 24, Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi or 35, Trang Tien Street, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi. With only 5,000 - 11,000VND, you can enjoy a delicious ice cream cone.
II - The best places to eat in Hanoi
1 - What to eat in Hanoi Old Quarter
- Enjoy typical Hanoi Cha Ca at Cha Ca Thang Long restaurant at 2D / 19/21 Thanh street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi. The price for a meal here is about 30,000 - 66,000VND / person.
- If you have time to visit Hoan Kiem district and enjoy the food there, you cannot miss the famous Bun Thang of Hanoi. Drop by the address 29, Alley Hang Manh, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi to enjoy a hot bowl of Bun Thang for 20,000 - 33,000VND / bowl.
- The most popular Hanoi old quarter food is the traditional Bun Cha at 1, Hang Manh street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi. In particular, you will never forget the special flavor of Bun Cha with special dipping sauce and vegetables. The price for a full bowl of bun cha is 20,000 - 30,000VND, diners can order more side dishes.
- Chao Trai (mussel soup) on Tran Xuan Soan street, a dish with an unexpected price of only 30,000VND / bowl but the taste is extremely nice. The fat mussels combined with the delicious fried onions are very pleasing.
- Fried sticky rice on Hang Dieu Street is also an attractive culinary stop. Sticky rice is still hot in the container and then shaped into a square and fried on two sides. Along with the fillings like poached eggs, sausages or spring rolls,... this traditional Hanoi food comes at an amazing price of just 15,000 - 25,000VND / serving.
For customers who want to enjoy Vietnamese flavorful dishes in a cozy and luxurious space, they can visit the following places:
- Rosaliza Restaurant is located at 15 Tran Quoc Toan Street, with an extensive menu from Asian, European to Japanese. Along with that is a pleasant, comfortable space, which will satisfy the most discerning diners. The average price for a meal here is 200,000 - 350,000VND / person.
- If you miss European taste, you can visit Fabrik Restaurant at 16, Tran Vu Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi. The restaurant has a cozy space, a true taste of European cuisine and an extremely reasonable price of 300,000 - 450,000VND / person. Moreover, from here, diners can easily walk and visit the Presidential Mausoleum after dinner.
- When it comes to European cuisine, Pizza is a typical dish of this continent’s cuisine. In order to enjoy the authentic flavor of this dish you can go to Pizza 4Ps at 43, Trang Tien Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi. On average, a meal here costs from 100,000 to 400,000VND / person.
2 - Food to eat in Hanoi Ba Dinh district
- For just 13,000VND, you can have a delicious, nutritious breakfast with hot dumplings and fatty soy milk at 146 Quan Thanh Street, Ba Dinh District.
- Quan Ngoi Restaurant at 38 Tran Phu Street with a hot spicy Thai hot pot is a reasonable choice on winter days in Hanoi. In addition, the restaurant also serves many unique and delicious dishes. The average price is 200,000 - 400,000VND / person.
- If you want to enjoy Vietnamese cuisine in a classic space, check out Old Hanoi Restaurant at 18 Ton That Thiep street, Ba Dinh District. The extensive menu, delicious food, beautifully decorated and unique space architecture will help you have an overview of Vietnamese food. The average price for a meal is 200,000 - 300,000VND / person.
3 - Hanoi foods in Tay Ho district
- Or you can enjoy a basket of Bun Dau Mam Tom with just 45,000VND. When eating, diners can feel the fatty, crunchy taste of the tofu along with a little spiciness of the chili, the sour taste of kumquat. In adđition, the vegetables to eat are extremely fresh and delicious. You can go to Bun Dau Cay Da at 235B Thuy Khue Street, Westlake.
- If you have a chance, you can move to Banh Tom Ho Tay Restaurant and enjoy Banh Tom ( Shrimp pastry) which is a popular dish of Hanoi. The crunchy crust is filled with seasonings and oil combined with delicious fresh shrimp meat inside. When you try it, make sure to dip it in the sour sweet spicy fish sauce. The average price is 100,000 - 200,000VND / person.
Hopefully, the suggestions and information of best Hanoi foods will help you have more new culinary experiences when visiting this city.