Ninh Binh is a popular tourist spots in Northern Vietnam which is famous for many stunning landscapes and rich cultural values. The distance between Hanoi and Ninh Binh is about 95km. You can choose freely depending on conditions and preferences.
If you would like to see the beautiful natural scenery clearly, you should choose a motorbike to travel. During the time traveling by motorbike, you have the opportunity to actively stop and watch the scenery as you like. If the health condition is not good and you want to arrive faster, you should choose the train, bus, or Limousine.
I - Motorbike from Hanoi to Ninh Binh
The route to Ninh Binh is quite easy, you go straight to Giai Phong Street, in Phuong Mai Ward through Giap Bat bus station, turn to Phap Van - Cau Gie expressway and continue through Phu Ly district, Ha Nam province. You will get to Ninh Binh. Because the distance is not too long and the road is easy to navigate, it takes an average of 2 hours to reach the destination.
You can refer to the following car rental locations in Hanoi:
- Address: 33C Pham Ngu Lao Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- Reference price: 120,000 VND/day (~ 5 USD); 70,000 VND/multi-day rental (~ 3 USD). (No deposit required when renting a car)
Gia Hung motorbike retail
- Address: 41 Ngo Huyen Street, Hang Trong Ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- Reference price: 100,000 VND / day rental (~ 4.3 USD); 80,000 VND / multi-day rental (3.4 USD)
- Click here for more information about Motorbike rental in Hanoi
II - Getting from Hanoi to Ninh Binh by train
(Source: Tony Pham)
The train departs from Hanoi railway station (120 Le Duan Street, Dong Da District, Hanoi) and runs along the North-South railway line. The train will arrive at Ninh Binh station in Ninh Binh city center after 2 hours and 15 minutes. Train ticket price from Hanoi to Ninh Binh depends on the type of ticket you choose. The following types of tickets are available:
- Hard seat: from 80,000 - 103,000 VND
- Air-conditioned hard seat: from 85,000 - 113,000 VND
- Air-conditioned soft seat: from 100,000 - 138,000 VND
- Bed: from 137,000 - 229,000 VND
To book tickets, you can access and buy tickets online on the website of Vietnam Railway Corporation - "dsvn.vn" or go directly to the ticket office at Hanoi station or call the hotline 19000109. In addition, it is also easy to book train tickets at ticketing agents and online booking sites.
III - Take a bus from Hanoi to Ninh Binh
Getting to Ninh Binh by bus is a journey of 100km. When traveling by bus, you start your journey from bus such stations in Hanoi as Nuoc Ngam bus station, Giap Bat bus station, My Dinh bus station. You get off at one of 3 bus stations in Ninh Binh which are: Nho Quan bus station, Kim Son bus station or Ninh Binh bus station. Travel time by bus is about 2 and a half hours.
Some bus agencies have routes from Hanoi to Ninh Binh such as:
- Quang Thang garage: My Dinh bus station, contact 0912353976
- An Phu Quy bus station: Nuoc Ngam bus station, contact 1900 545 555
- Thai Son Travel garage: My Dinh bus station, contact: 0961 208 666 - 0975 977 702 - 0984 935 777 - 0968 983 984
Passenger car fares depend on the car company and the type of car, such as passenger car, bed car, but there are different prices, but in general, the fare is from 80,000 VND or more. To book a ticket, you just need to contact the phone number of the above garages and give the location and time to get a ticket to Ninh Binh easily.
IV - Getting from Hanoi to Ninh Binh by limousine
Limousine is a high-class choice for tourists who want to save time and get more comfortable transfer service. The distance and time are the same as going by bus. With a limousine, it is definitely much more convenient and flexible than a bus because almost any limousine can take you directly to some tourist attractions like Trang An, Bai Dinh…. In addition, each limousine runs many trips per day, about one hour per trip.
The price is a bit higher than the cost of going by bus. It depends on the kinds of seat (middle seats are most expensive, while in front and back seats are a bit cheaper), and the drop-off location. Normally, the price for a limousine varies from 150.000VND to 250.000VND (6.5$ ~10$).
Trang An Limousine
- Hotline: 022.9627.8989
- Pick up: Hanoi Central Circus - 67-69 Tran Nhan Tong, Le Dai Hanh, Hai Ba Trung, Hanoi.
Limousine Luxury Van
- Hotline: 19001112
- Pick up: Hanoi Old quarter area
- Office: No.16 Hang Chinh, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
Ninh Binh excursion limousine
- Hotline: 1900 8021
- Pick up: Hanoi Old quarter area
- Office at: 32 Bat Su, Hang Bo, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- For Guides to visit Ninh Binh, please click here
Overall, the best way to get from Hanoi to Ninh Binh may be by bus or limousine if tourists are looking for a fast and convenient way, while riding a motorbike or taking a train will be more suitable for those who have time and want to experience more along the way.