The distance from Hanoi to Nha Trang is about 1,291km. To get to Nha Trang, visitors can choose one of three means of transportation including plane, train and bus.
Note: Traffic congestion in Hanoi is very bad, especially from 7:30AM to 9AM and 4:30PM to 7:00PM. If you already book a flight or train during this time, you should go to the airport, train station at least 1-1.5 hours earlier.
I – Flights from Hanoi to Nha Trang
Airline ticket price: 1,900,000 - 5,500,000 VND / ticket / way (~ 81$ - 237$).
Ticket booking directly at:
- VietJet Air: https://www.vietjetair.com/
- Vietnam Airlines: https://www.vietnamairlines.com/
- Jetstar: https://www.jetstar.com/
- Bamboo Airways: https://www.bambooairways.com/
The advantages of travelling by plain includes flexible travel time and multiple flights per day. Furthermore, the travel time is short, only about 2 hour /trip, helping visitors to save their time, suitable for business travelers or those having a fixed business schedule.
Getting from Hanoi to Nha Trang by airline, you need to land at Cam Ranh airport before traveling to Nha Trang city. From Cam Ranh International Airport to the center of Nha Trang - Khanh Hoa is about 35km by road along the DT657I route. Visitors can choose the following means of transportation:
Taxi: about 30 - 40 minutes with the price of 300,000 - 350,000 VND/trip (~ 12 - 15 $). Here are some taxi companies at Canh Ranh Airport: Taxi Mai Linh - 058.3.811.811; Taxi Nha Trang - 058.3.81.81.81; Khanh Hoa Taxi - 058.3.810810.
Bus: with a ticket price of 50,000 VND/person/way (~ 2.2$ ) and travel time of about 60 minutes, operating time from 5:30AM to 9:50PM daily.
Shuttle bus from Canh Ranh Airport to Nha Trang city: with the price of 65,000VND/ person/way (~ 2.8$).
II – Train from Hanoi to Nha Trang
- Starting point: Hanoi Railway Station (Hang Co Station) at 120 Le Duan, Dong Da District, Hanoi City.
- Destination: Nha Trang Railway Station at 17 Thai Nguyen Street, Phuoc Tan Ward, Nha Trang City.
- Fare: 640,000 - 1,345,000 VND/ticket/person (~ 27.5 - 58 $) for soft seat or air-conditioned berth.
- Ticket booking: Buy tickets directly at the ticket booth of Hanoi station or online booking on website: https://dsvn.vn/
For the majority of visitors, travelling by train is quite an enjoyable experience. The road is quite safe, the service quality is quite good, and noise control is stable. However, the travel time is quite long, so you need to consider your schedule.
III – Bus from Hanoi to Nha Trang
Distance: 1,291km if travelling along National Route 1A and 1,597km if travelling along Route 13.
Respective travel time: NR1A - 22h50m and Route 13 - 23h20m.
Sleeping bus fare is from 600,000 to 750,000 VND/way/person (~ 25 - 32 $).
Some bus companies operating Hanoi - Nha Trang route:
- Hoang Long Bus: 1900 9696 81
- Hoang Thin Bus: +84 949.225.656
- Hien Phuoc Bus: +84 936.796.264
This means of transportation is quite convenient, with flexible departure time. Furthermore, soft-berth buses are well-invested in terms of interior to provide the fastest and most comfortable journey for visitors.