The distance from Hanoi to Hoi An is about 759 km. If traveling by car along the NH1A route, it will take about 14h40 minutes to travel. However, at present, visitors can choose the following methods to come to Hoi An depending on their discovery schedule and their own desire to experience such as: travel by train; travel by bus or passenger car; travel by plane.
Specifically, the method of transportation, the fees and the advantages and disadvantages of each form of transportation are as follows:
I - Traveling by train from Hanoi to Hoi An
Route: Hanoi Train Station → Danang Train Station → Hoi An
Step 1: From Hoi Train Station to Danang Train Station
For this choice, you have to take the initiative in time, book tickets in advance and travel in about 18 hours for a distance of approximately 900km. Tickets range from 400.000VND (~ 17.23USD) to 1.250.000VND (~ 53.85USD) (hard seat or lying soft seat). Specifically the itinerary is as follows:
- Departure from Hanoi Railway Station: No. 120 Le Duan Street, Van Mieu Ward, Dong Da District, Hanoi City.
- Da Nang station exit point: No. 200, Hai Phong street, Thanh Khe ward, Da Nang city.
Step 2: From Danang Train Station to Hoi An
It is 30km from Danang Train Station to Hoi An. You can continue traveling by bus for 20.000 VND/person (~ 0,86$) in about 40 minutes. The departure point is Da Nang central bus station at Ton Duc Thang street, Lien Chieu ward, Da Nang city.
An alternative choice is that you travel by taxi with prices ranging from 150.000 - 270.000 VND/person (~ 6.5$ - 11.64$), in 30 minutes. These are some taxi companies in Danang:
- Taxi Tien Sa Da Nang - 1900 252500
- Mai Linh Da Nang - 0236 3565 656
- Taxi Vinasun Green - 0511 368 68 68
Pros: You can enjoy views of Vietnam along the railway. Especially, if you choose to travel by train, you will have the opportunity to see Lang Co Bay as well as the romantic scenery when going along the Hai Van Pass.
Cons: Long travel time, fixed travel location and you must pay attention to departure time, book tickets in advance to avoid being late.
II - Traveling by bus from Hanoi to Hoi An
If you find it difficult to take the initiative in your travel time, you can choose to travel by bus. Currently, there are also plenty of car companies providing passenger car routes from Hanoi - Hoi An with extremely affordable price, flexible departure time and pickup point.
Below is the information of the Camel Travel Bus:
- Travel time: 14 hours and 30 mins
- Departure time: 5pm and 6pm
- Departure point: No. 459 Tran Khat Chan Street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Drop-off point: 137 Tran Nhan Tong, Cam Chau, Hoi An, Quang Nam
- Ticket price: 300.000 - 600.000 VND/person/way (~ 13 - 25,86 $).
- Contact phone number: 024.8585.0555 or 090.222.7070
Pros: Low travel cost, flexible pick-up time and place, suitable for tourists traveling with business or traveling purposes in Vietnam. Cons: Travel time on the car is quite long, about 15 hours, but visitors can take advantage of sleeping in the car, so there is nothing to worry about.
- May be you need: A complete guide to visit Hoi An Vietnam
III - Flights from Hanoi to Hoi An
Busy travelers who want to save time and have more experiences when coming to Hoi An should choose to travel by plane. Furthermore, using this mode of transportation, you can combine visiting and experiencing two of Vietnam's most popular tourist destinations, Da Nang and Hoi An, in one trip.
- Flight time: 1 hour and 30 mins
- Average ticket price: 600.000 - 2.500.000 VND/person/trip (~ 25,86 - 107,78 $)
- Traveling from Hanoi city - Noi Bai airport: 200.000 - 250.000 VND / 4-seater car pick up hourly (~ $ 8,6 - $ 10,78)
- Traveling from Da Nang - Hoi An: 150.000 - 200.000 VND/4-seater car (~ $ 6,5 - $ 11,64).
Pros: Short, flexible travel time. Moreover, tourists can also hunt for cheap tickets under promotions of airlines: Vietjet, Vietnam Airline, Bamboo Airway, ...
Cons: The cost of travelling compared to the other two forms is relatively high. Tourists must take initiative in travel time in accordance with the flight and incur additional travel costs from Hanoi city - Noi Bai and from Da Nang - Hoi An airport.
Travelling from Hanoi to Hoi An is relatively simple and inexpensive. Hopefully, the information that we have just shared will help you better understand each mode of transportation, thereby making choices suitable to their schedule and preferences.
This article is to answer for the following question
- How far is it from Hanoi to Hoi An?
- Which is the best way to travel from Hanoi to Hoi An