I - Traditional shopping in Danang City Vietnam
The first note when shopping in local markets is you have to prepare cash for payment. Besides, the prices of goods are not publicly shown so you need to ask the seller directly and try to bargain for better prices.
1 - Con Market
Con market, one of the oldest markets in Danang from the 1940s, is a solid 3-storey. The name “Con” originates from its location of lying on a high mound in the middle of the city. Coming to this Danang shopping area, you are immersed in Danang’s cuisine with 03 main areas of indoor cuisine, outdoor cuisine and dried foods.
Indoor cuisine area
Indoor cuisine area is divided into two rows and a middle aisle, selling fruit juice, Vietnamese sweet soups, Quang noodles, Banh Xeo - sizzling pancakes, small pancakes with quail eggs, small steamed savory rice cakes,... with prices fluctuating from 15,000 to 30,000 VND/dish (~ $0.7 - 1.3).
Outdoor cuisine area
Con Market - best shopping in Danang City Vietnam - Source: Internet
Outdoor cuisine area seems to be smaller and more crowded. The food here is exceptionally good such as these must-try dishes: green mustard rolls, noodle soup, dried beef salad, baluts,... with prices from 15,000 to 30,000 VND/dish (~ $0.7 - 1.3).
Dried food area is where you can choose some of the dishes as souvenirs such as: dried beef, dried squids, dried fish,... It is better to search for information as some of the smelly dishes are not allowed in passengers’ cabins in airplanes or they have to be carefully wrapped.
- Address: Hung Vuong Street and Ong Ich Khiem Street, Hai Chau Ward, Danang City.
- Opening time: 7am - 7pm
2 - Bac My An Market - the best shopping in Danang City Vietnam
No one knows exactly when Bac My An Market was formed but it is undeniable about its important roles in local lives as well as its vast cuisine values to tourists. You can find many types of goods sold here like dried food, fresh food, green vegetables, clothes, foodwear,..The most appealing and attractive thing is its cuisine with variety of delicious food such as: avocado ice cream of Ms. Van, spicy and sour snails (Oc Hut), tapioca dumplings, small pancakes with quail eggs, mixed rice noodles, rice noodles with pork and anchovy fish sauce, rice noodles with grilled meat, mixed rice paper, steamed rice paper, battering rice paper cake, hollow doughnuts,..The dishes in this Danang shopping area cost from 8,000 to 25,000 VND/ dish (~ $0.34 - 1.07).
- Address: No.25 Nguyen Ba Lan Street, Bac My An Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District, Danang City.
- Opening time: 6am - 7pm
3 - Han Market
A corner of Han Market - Source: Ins @mievatho
Han Market, established in the 1940s along the bank of Han River, is now one of the oldest and largest markets in Danang. It is always crowded with sellers and buyers with various kinds of goods from food, clothes, footwear, to cosmetics. Several special things to buy in Danang here are: dried food (dried beef, dried squid, simmered crabs,...); fish sauce, many kinds of cakes ( roasted coconut cake, dried sesame cakes,...); small pretty souvenirs (clothes, bags,...).
Having a food tour at Han Market with a number of popular dishes are: Quang noodles, Banh Canh (Vietnamese thick noodle soup/ bread soup)), grilled beef wrapped in wild betel leaves, pork skewers, small steamed savory rice cake, sizzling pancakes, sweet soup, beverages, fruit juice,... The food prices are from 15.000 to 30.000 VND/ dish (~ $0.4 - 1.3).
- Address: No.119, Tran Phu street, Hai Chau district, Danang.
- Opening time: 6am - 7pm
II - Supermarkets - the modern shopping in Danang City Vietnam
1 - Co.op Mart
This is one of the modern, high service quality shopping centres to meet the needs of customers. It is also a wonderful place to experience the attractive entertainment games such as: Bowling, foosball, massage, karaoke, rocking animals, sand picture,...You can easily find products from technological products, fresh food, fashion clothes, cosmetics, household appliances. There are also some food restaurants inside this supermarket such as KFC, Lotteria,...
- Scale: The supermarket has 2 storeys with a total area of 13.000 square meters and more than 3.000 types of commodities.
- Opening time: 8am - 10pm
- Address: No. 478 Dien Bien Phu Street, Thanh Khe Dong Ward, Thanh Khe District, Danang
2 - Big C
You can experience the best shopping in Danang City Vietnam here with 05 main commodities such as: fresh food, dried food, clothing and accessories, household electric devices. Besides, visitors can also participate in different attractive activities like: eating (restaurant, food area, fast food stalls); entertainment (cinemas, karaoke boxes); bookstores, other stores;... On every weekend, Big C is more crowded with mostly local people visiting and shopping.
- Scale: the center is built with a scale of about 20.000 square meters.
- Opening time: 8am - 10:30pm
- Address: No. 257 Hung Vuong Street, Thanh Khe District, Danang City
Shopping in Danang City Vietnam - Source: Internet
3 - The Central’s Specialty Supermarket - Thien Phu
Thien Phu chain of stores specializes in the Central’s specialty, guaranteeing the clear origin or bamboo - made souvenirs. Moreover, the prices are quite reasonable to be trusted and chosen by many customers. Currently, Thien Phu brand has 5 operating branches in the city.
Operating time: 7am - 10.30pm
- Address 1: No. 124, 2/9 street, Hai Chau District, Danang
- Address 2: No. 28, Duy Tan street, Hai Chau District, Danang
- Address 3: No. 198, Ho Nghinh Street, Son Tra District, Danang
- Address 4: Plot A1 - A2, Nguyen Tat Thanh Street, Thanh Khe District, Danang
- Address 5: Giao Mart, No.49 Vo Van Kiet Street, Son Tra District, Danang
III - Top shopping malls in Danang City
Source: Cristine Enero
Besides traditional markets and supermarkets, you can also go shopping in large shopping malls with famous domestic and international brands. You can easily find authentic stores of well-known fashion brands such as: Uniqlo, Adidas, Bata, PNJ,...Popularly delicious dishes from Asian - Western, Vietnamese - Korean - Chinese - Japanese,...are available.
The entertainment zones in these shopping malls with appealing things are cinemas, gaming machines, karaoke boxes. On every weekend, the number of visitors is higher, and you can feel the fast pace of living in this city. Top shopping malls in Danang City are:
Vincom Da Nang
- Address: No. 910A, Ngo Quyen Street, Son Tra District, Danang City
- Opening time: 10am - 9pm (Monday- Friday) and 10am - 10pm (Saturday & Sunday).
- Address: No.74 Bach Dang street, Hai Chau 1 Ward, Hai Chau District, Danang City
- Opening time: 9am - 10pm
Parkson Da Nang
- Address: No.257 Hung Vuong Street, Vinh Trung Ward, Thanh Khe District, Danang cCty
- Opening time: 10am - 9pm
Da Nang Square
- Address: No.35 Thai Phien Street, Phuoc Ninh Ward, Hai Chau District, Danang City
- Opening time: 8am - 9.30pm
- Address: No.6 Nai Nam Street, Hoa Cuong Bac Ward, Hai Chau District, Danang City
- Opening time: 8am - 10pm.
It is obvious that shopping in Danang City Vietnam and enjoying cuisine in traditional markets are a great way of enhancing your traveling experience.