Ben Tre in Vietnam is also known as the land of Coconut, wherever visitors can see the shade of coconuts. Therefore, there are many dishes and specialties made from coconuts, such as: waxed coconut, coconut water, coconut candy, ... This place also owns a very special coconut religion, exhibition and relic area to more than 1,500m2.
The people here still retain their simple personality, easy to approach, extremely hard-working and enthusiastic. One day of accommodation, experience of working and production life of the people here is also very attractive.
I - Where is Ben Tre Vietnam?
The distance between the Ben Tren and Ho Chi Minh City is about 85km, equivalent to about 2 hour-traveling. Tourists can choose such mean of transportation as:
Travel time is about 2 hours, ticket price from 70,000 (seat) - 110,000 (bed) VND/way/person (~ 3,017 - 4.74 $).
- Hong Phuong garage: +84 8,396,13794; +84 913,965,242
- Duy Phuong garage: +84 913.626.011
- Dong Khoi garage: +84 908.39.81.81
It is relatively easy to go from Ho Chi Minh city to Ben Tre Vietnam by motorbike. Watching the scenery on both sides of the road while riding is also a very interesting experience. Motorbike rental price in Ho Chi Minh ranges from 100,000 - 250,000 VND / car / day (~ 4.3 - 10.78 $). Some motorbike rental units could be mentioned as:
- Thanh Lam motorbike for rent: No. 17C Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh. Phone number: +84 902.840.361.
- Style Motorbikes: 368 Vo Van Kiet Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Phone +84 915.139.796.
- Dragon Bikes: No. 182 / 5A Duong Tham, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Phone number +84 909.283.280.
Note: Visitors should ensure to have a valid driver's license in accordance with the laws of Vietnam.
II - Weather in Ben Tre
III - A guide to explore Ben Tre Vietnam
1 - Top things to do
Visit the orchards
Tourists will move by means of boats and canoes. At the same time, visitors can see the fruit orchards full of fruit, feel the fresh air, participate in daily activities of the people (fishing, setting fishing rod, slapping a ditch to catch fish, ...) Or listen to stories about the daily life of the people here. When tired, visitors can visit a garden, enjoy the typical fruits and meals of the people here. Some famous places to visit such as:
Lach market flower village
The market, located in Cu Lao Minh, Minh Duc, Mo Cay Nam District is famous for many fresh and characteristic flowers such as yellow apricot, marigold, raspberry, medicinal herb, kinkok, ... Coming here, visitors seem to get lost in the fairyland with long flower fields. Tickets to visit 30,000 - 50,000 VND/person/one way (~ 1.29 - 2.16 $).
Cai Mon Fruit Garden
It is located in Vinh Thanh Commune, Cho Lach District, owns rambutan gardens, red ripe, wrong fruit and very attractive. Besides, there are some kinds of fruit such as: oranges, tangerines, longan, grapefruit, ... Price of visiting 40,000 - 50,000 VND/person (~ 1.29 - 2.16 $).
Con Phung Island (Tan Thach Ward, Chau Thanh Dist)
The main activities here are boating, river bathing, fishing ditches, horse-cart riding, visiting gardens, and visiting Dao Dua relics. Ticket price including outdoor activities and lunch is 560,000 VND / person / day (~ $ 24.13).
Con Phu Da Island (Phu Da hamlet, Vinh Binh commune, Cho Lach district)
Not only visiting the garden or participating in daily activities of the people, but visitors also have the opportunity to enjoy many attractive dishes from the rice snail, which is also known as "Con Oc Gao". At the same time, you can visit Phu Da Divine Temple and Ba Chua Xu Temple, which are cultural and spiritual here. Tour price is 448,000 VND / person / tour (~ 19.31 $).
Visiting Vam Ho Bird Sanctuary
It is located in My Hoa and Tan Xuyen communes, Ba Tri district, Ben Tre province Vietnam, is the "home" of about 84 different bird species and many typical mangrove species. To get here, visitors can travel by motorbike (40km ~ 1 hour). Coming here, visitors not only discover and watch the lives of birds but also have the opportunity to walk in the forest, lean back in a hammock and enjoy the fresh air here. Tour price is about 650,000 VND / person / tour (~ 28.02 $).
Some outstanding service providers of Ben Tre tours include:
Cong Phung Travel and Trading Service Company Limited
- Address: Hamlet 10, Tan Thach Commune, Chau Thanh District
- Phone: +84 241 0040 70881
Mekong Delta Event and Adventure Travel Company Limited
- Address: No. 5, Tran Trong Binh, An Phu, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho province
- Phone: +84 292 3819 219
2 - Specialties
Coconut products (Coconut candy, coconut jelly, coconut milk, coconut oil, handicraft products from coconut ...: These are all products that visitors can easily find and buy here. Moreover, the price is extremely affordable and ensures the best product quality.
Coconut Rice: One of the products rich in fiber, selenium, minerals, iron ... is good for health. Visitors can easily find dried copra or fresh copra here for about 85,000 VND / kg (~ $ 3.66).
Fruits: With green orchards, Ben Tre Mekong Delta Vietnam is also famous for many types of fruits, including rambutan, oranges, grapefruit, tangerines, ... Most orchards are alluvial soils that add high nutrition to sweet and beautiful fruits.
Braised goby with coconut - main dish in the meals of the people here. This dish is meticulously prepared and stored in about 1-2 hours with low heat with strong meat goby, bacon, and coconut milk. The price is about 100,000 - 200,000 VND / pot (~ 4.3 - 8.62 $).
In addition, there are many other specialties that visitors can enjoy when participating in tours, especially when having lunch at the orchards.
3 - Ben Tre accommodation
Ben Tre Resort system
The resort is designed with full amenities in a simple yet luxurious style. It has a system of restaurants, event areas, swimming pools, ... with a unique "view" of the river.
- Location No. 708 Nguyen Van Tu, Ward 7.
- Room price: 600,000 - 1,150,000 VND / person / night (~ 25.86 - 49.56 $)
- Phone: 0275 3 554 888
- Website: https://bentreriverside.com/
Forever Green Resort
- Location: Phu Khuong Hamlet, Phu Tuc Commune, Chau Thanh Ward.
- Room price: 850,000 VND / person / night (~ 36.63 $)
- Phone: 0275 3 618 618
- Website: http://www.forevergreenresort.com/
Mango Home Riverside - 3*
- Location: Nghia Huan Hamlet, My Thanh Village, Giong Trom District.
- Room price: 550,000 VND / person / night (~ 23.71 $)
- Phone: 0275 3 511 958
- Website: http://mangohomeriverside.com/
Ben Tre Hotel system
Oasis hotel - 2*
- Location: 151C My An C, My Thanh An Village, City Center
- Room price: 250,000 - 450,000 VND / person / night (~ 10.77 - 19.39 $).
- Phone: 0938.072.747
- Website: http://www.bentrehoteloasis.com/
Hung Long Hotel - 2*
- Location: Provincial Road 885, Hamlet 1, Luong Hoa Commune, Giong Trom District, Ben Tre province
- Room price: 150,000 - 200,000 VND / person / night (~ 6.46 - 8.62 $)
- Phone: 0275 3 862 379
- Website: https://khachsanhunglong.com/
Xom Dua Nuoc Hotel
Each room at this hotel has a unique river view, is simply designed and fully equipped. In particular, cycling and rowing on the river always attracts visitors when coming here. At the hotel guests can also enjoy clean self-grown food such as fresh fruits, green vegetables garden, ...
- Location: Lo Cau Nha Viec, Hamlet 3, Phu Nhuan Commune,
- Room price: 300,000 - 700,000 VND / person / night (~ 12.93 - 30.17 $)
- Phone: 090 385 76 07
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/xomduanuoc/
Ben Tre homestay system
Quoc Phuong Riverside Homestay
This place is simply designed with open space and close to nature and the lives of the people here. Coming here, visitors can experience the feeling of going to the monkey bridge, visiting the rice fields or watching the river. Here visitors can also enjoy and follow the process of making signature pancakes.
- Location: No. 293, Hamlet 17, 293, Group 17, Phu Xuan Hamlet, Phu Tuc, Chau Thanh
- Room price: 150,000 VND / person / night (~ $ 6.47)
- Phone: 098 772 51 07
- Fanpage: Quoc Phuong Riverside Homestay
This homestay is designed according to the typical architecture of the land of Ben Tre in Vietnam with a wooden fence and characteristic leaf roof. Along with that is the space with many gardens, green coconut trees and charming rivers.
- Location: Hamlet 9, Phuoc Long commune, Giong Trom District
- Room price: 600,000 - 750,000 VND / person / night (~ 25.86 - 32.33 $)
- Phone: 0987 29 97 18
- Website: http://www.mekonghome.com/
The homestay is immersed in a green garden with immense coconut, each room is designed with a garden or river view. Coming here, visitors can feel the fresh air, watch flowers and fruits; Or you can rent a bicycle and experience the living space here better.
- Location: No. 75Đ, Hamlet 4, Nhon Trach, City Center,
- Room price: 280,000 - 350,000 VND / person / night (~ 12.07 - 15.09 $)
- Phone: 098 208 31 38
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/NguyetQueHomestay/
With information about Ben Tre province Vietnam that we have just synthesized and provided, we hope that visitors have a better understanding of this place. As well as being able to set up a schedule for yourself to explore and experience the most interesting life here.